My '79 basket case build

Well, I cut the gussets off and cut the backbone and downtubes, so it's ready to be raked out. Thinking of going with an 8 over springer, but not sure at this point. I won't be getting anything else done on it now until spring.

I've been doing gallery shows one right after another lately and have a few more shows coming up, my agent has been breathing down my neck to get more pieces done, and I'll be doing a combination vacation and multiple industrial sculpture shows from mid-December until at least mid-January. That will be fun! Cheese and wine and pretentious artistic pedantry for everyone! (Actually, it's usually a fairly good time.)

It's nice of you to express some interest in my work. Thank you.

I sculpt mostly in metals, but work with all sorts of industrial materials like rubber, plastics, fiberglass etc. I've painted some of it, but mostly it's just raw materials, sometimes clear coated to preserve the material, sometimes part of the work is how it interacts with the environment, so it's left raw.

My agent asked me not to put my work up on the internet. Since her decisions have put a good wad of green in my pocket, and she's also a close friend, I just go with it.

Also, I really prefer maintaining a line between my professional life and my personal life. That way if I say things people don't like it isn't going to have an impact on my career. Probably too much explanation, just want you to know I appreciate your interest and I'm not trying to shine you on.

A really rough photoshop idea of where I'm planning to end up in the spring:
bike_chopped_006.jpg

I gotta say that has a way better flow.
As far as nor seeing ur work well thats a shame. I'v seen some really kool stuff at the s.o.f.a. show the last few years. Was wondering if u did stuff like that but I get it, not trying to mess with ur cash flow n that.

hey teebs, i was takin a break at 2:30am my time from preparing a final presentation for my senior history class (its a pretty big freakin deal!) and figured i would check out what was going on in the 650 world. your thread was at the top and i just found the cable posts! it was exactly what i needed man, i was crackin up! thanks for the late night (early morning) laughs mate! and keep up the good work! that lever is super sick!!! makes me want to make a bunch of cool shit just for the hell of it! ;)

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f*cked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f*ckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

ya thats right! funny like a clown! where is your red nose and big shoes! do they make foot controls long enough to get your big clown feet under! or is that why you have to make your own huh? i get it, your just an insecure clown eh, just clownin around... fuckin clowns! do you get your silly straws from the clown surplus store? ;)

hey teebs, are you still planning on doing a springer front end, and if so, are you planning to make it? i would love to see how that would turn out! im sure it would be wicked! :D

hey teebs, are you still planning on doing a springer front end, and if so, are you planning to make it? i would love to see how that would turn out! im sure it would be wicked! :D

Yo, I just got in to Myrtle Beach, and I won't be on here too much for awhile. I do plan on doing something with the frontend. I really have to since it's going to be raked out 40+ degrees. If I build the frontend it will be a girder or a leafer, probably the latter. Or I may look around for a used frontend. I really do want to build a leafer for it, but I have a shitload of new projects waiting and I basicaly took the whole summer off from the work that puts money in my pocket, so we'll see how long it takes before I get around to it.

lol@nj1639... sorry, no outbursts ahead. That was just a quote from Goodfellas.

uknowme2goog, the mirrors are an 18 dollar set I bought on eBay shipped from China. The quality of the hardware is suprisingly good, but I was planning on building my own anyway. I bought them to use as a template and for parts.

One thing I've found that works really well to keep stuff like the mirrors from rattling apart is a light application of clear window silicone. Same principle as locktite.

OK, so I've decided to make a move out west and rather than bring this project with me I'm going to finish it in the spring and put it up on eBay. To that end I'm considering doing a drop seat rigid tail from Elswick on it (more sell-able than the cooler, more unique monoshock rear I'm doing now) and a 35* rake with a 19" front. I hate finishing them, dialing them in and selling them... it sucks.

Also, not really going to be on much for a while. Too much drinking to do...

well OK.....
But, bummer dude!
You ought to at least offer it up here and see what shakes out. JMTC

Hope things go well or get back to well anyway... All the best.

lol no no no... everything is awesome. I've actually had some really positive things happen. The move is going to help my work and I've connected /re-connected with some great people... and I've found an excellent source for a few new project bikes (trying to pull down a knuck at the moment) AND lots of scrap metal for my sculpture...

It's been the most productive work vacation I've had in years... and I've missed the Rockies.

I probably won't offer it up here because you're all a bunch of cheap bastards... like me. :D I'd like to sell it... not give it away.

I definitely appreciate your input though, G. Thanks!

US?? CB's?? Not a chance and just to prove it I, well, I'll offer, umm let's see, uh sell the hedge trimmer, clean the couch.... Yeah that's it. $200.00 yeah I'll give you $200. You will crate and ship it right? Yeah cause I like already HAVE a Sporty tank and a TC bros.

Glad to hear things are going good for you.

Y'all got a lot to learn about the artistic personality. He ain't goin' nowhere.

Back