VIDEO -- of my Aprilia hydraulic clutch mod

Just saw this thread after a long absence here... Great work! I'm a little annoyed that almost all the photos from my build thread have disappeared, but now that a few other people have started making and documenting these hydraulic clutch conversions, I think there's enough information out there for anyone to do one.

s-l500.jpg
s-l500 (1).jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185922541773
Spotted this on eBay for $65 plus $22 shipping. The speed holes and shaved rear end make me think that maybe this was used by a flat-tracker?

And I just bought it. Thanks for the tip.
I wasn't actually endorsing it. Hope it works for you.
I think you're going to have to make some kind of a collar for it. Look at picture 5 in the listing, showing the piston bore. It needs to be narrowed down to about the diameter of the push rod. See the pics below.
s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpg

Also -- there's supposed to be a spring in there. And the collar that I mentioned above that you need rides on a seal, just like the piston on a caliper does -- in fact, I think what you need is a piston, not a collar.
I think you'd be best off trying to cancel the sale, or finding the same slave cylinder that's in the listing, but is complete with the piston.

Back