My equipment has gained weight

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
In 1967 I bought a matched pair of Sioux grinder & polisher`s. Same size but different RPM`s. The grinder hasn`t been used for over 50 years. Today the mower blades were so dull and rounded on the cutting edge the little Dart grinder was useless so it`s time to break out the "big guns". Took a half hour just to move stuff around so I could get to it. I`m positive when I was 19 this grinder didn`t weigh half that much. I remember rubbing out countless lacquer jobs with the polisher and never gave it a second thought that it was heavy. This stuff has gained weight over the last 50+ years. In the 60`s these were top of the line equipment. Now they are probably made from carbon fiber and you have to tie weights to them so they don`t float away. It can`t be me because I still have the same mind set I had in the 60`s. Who would have ever thought they`d gain that much weight just sitting on the shelf.:shrug:
DSCN0051-001.JPG

I`m positive when I was 19 this grinder didn`t weigh half that much.

I feel your pain buddy, I’m right there with you. When I was 19 I practically lived on my motorcycle , it was my primary transportation. I could ride all day long and then go out and party all night. Now I go for a half day ride and I come home and start popping ibuprofen to ease my back pain. Getting old sure ain’t for sissies. :cautious:

I feel your pain buddy, I’m right there with you. When I was 19 I practically lived on my motorcycle , it was my primary transportation. I could ride all day long and then go out and party all night. Now I go for a half day ride and I come home and start popping ibuprofen to ease my back pain. Getting old sure ain’t for sissies. :cautious:
When I was in my teens and twenties I could function just fine on 3 hrs of sleep at night. Now it takes me 3 hrs to get up in the morning.:yikes:
Getting old never bothered me nearly as much as growing up and acting your age. Bummer!

In 1967 I bought a matched pair of Sioux grinder & polisher`s. Same size but different RPM`s. The grinder hasn`t been used for over 50 years. Today the mower blades were so dull and rounded on the cutting edge the little Dart grinder was useless so it`s time to break out the "big guns". Took a half hour just to move stuff around so I could get to it. I`m positive when I was 19 this grinder didn`t weigh half that much. I remember rubbing out countless lacquer jobs with the polisher and never gave it a second thought that it was heavy. This stuff has gained weight over the last 50+ years. In the 60`s these were top of the line equipment. Now they are probably made from carbon fiber and you have to tie weights to them so they don`t float away. It can`t be me because I still have the same mind set I had in the 60`s. Who would have ever thought they`d gain that much weight just sitting on the shelf.:shrug:
View attachment 217729
Sioux made some fine tools.

Back