My first bike!! 447 frame with S650 engine

dreambdg

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Join this group at 2013, at that time I still dreaming about have a XS650 bike! and time goes on until june 2015 I got frame and engine... so this is it my first XS650... I call her "oribinal"... enjoy! :cheers:

after I come to garage, I check the motor for make sure about condition the motor, lucky me the condition is not bad, just change piston and ring... other part is well... I think it's will be awesome to replace 75mm piston to 78mm piston...

but the problem is very hard to find original or aftermarket part for this bike on my country, so after I look around about possibilities subtitusion I choose a car piston, took this piston from F/I/A/T 125P... maybe you want look the bore size...

and this is the pict after a attch the piston to the bore...

but the problem does not end here... the piston was stuck to the cylinder head when I will instal the cylinder head, after I measured TDP and LDP , it is necessary gasket thickness of 4mm , 2mm above and below 2mm... so I make gasket from almunium...

and finally the problem fixed and the motor is ready to back to live once more...

let's see the video...

first start use solex carb and I think it's will be great if I use Keihin CR35 for the motor..

and let's compere the sound when I use solex carb (video above) and I use Keihin CR35

please advice from you all about the restoration process which I do... I will update about frame work tomorrow

Back