My herd just grew....

Hey hey hey! Pete! You finally got your little race bike out for a maiden run! How exciting is that? I'm so jealous!
You know I have a 650 V-Strom and I remember my break in, they didn't want you to exceed 4,000 rpm for the first whatever miles, and that was so hard, because that's when that bike is just starting to breathe!
Anyhow, congratulations on your maiden voyage, may it continue to plaster a huge grin on your face for years to come!

they didn't want you to exceed 4,000 rpm for the first whatever miles

Indeed - interestingly, my owner's manual says 5000 rpm so I can at least get going a little bit. Oh well, its only 1000 km (around 620 miles) and Canada is a big place, so I'll live with it.

Cheers,

Pete

BTW - one of the guys in our chapter of the Can. Vintage MC Group (www.cvmg.org) is a massive Ducati fan and he said "hey - that thing sounds just like my Duc" - this morning.

How cool is that - a poor man's Ducati!

Hey hey, way to go Pete! So nice our weather has finally broken (somewhat) and you were able to get that new girl out for her first run,
and to a bike club meetup, how appropriate.

Good to hear she's all you expected her to be.

Happiness is a warm engine!

5B8A7B58-C00F-450E-BE2C-02B7A1B901DC.png
Nice looking ride! How long till the mods?

Rasputin: your photo of you and Madam on the V-Strom begs a question.

How does she find the ergonomics of the pillion on it?

I looked closely at the pillion accommodations on my SV and concluded that the tiny, thinly upholstered seat and very high foot pegs would make it impossible for any woman (who would ever consent to be seen with the likes of me) to ever ride on that thing.

Pete

Back