My negative Experience with CruzinImage.net

skydve76

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Given that he just has glowing reviews and apparently I may have inadvertently made him mad by making a paypal claim, perhaps I will try to rectify this. I will cancel the claim and apologize to him and see if he will let me buy the rings. He is the only one that sells .5mm over rings for my bike without having to also buy the pistons.

Do you think that would work?

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have restored four vintage bikes to date, and without exception I have ordered parts for all of them that for one reason or another were unusable. Either sellers unwittingly describe a part as fitting more models than they actually do or it is inferior quality, or rarely, the seller is just plain deceitful. If you want to play with old bikes, cars, tractors or whatever. In most instances, it’s more cost and hassle to return an item than to simply write it off. You pays your money and you takes your chances. It’s just the nature of the beast. :shrug:

skydve76

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have restored four vintage bikes to date, and without exception I have ordered parts for all of them that for one reason or another were unusable. Either sellers unwittingly describe a part as fitting more models than they actually do or it is inferior quality, or rarely, the seller is just plain deceitful. If you want to play with old bikes, cars, tractors or whatever. In most instances, it’s more cost and hassle to return an item than to simply write it off. You pays your money and you takes your chances. It’s just the nature of the beast. :shrug:

I can live with that. Its $128, everything I bought from him is usless (no rings, wrong clutch). I really like the pistons maybe if someday I come across some rings I can have a complete set for 20 years from now.

GLJ

Never go faster than your guardian angle can fly.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Given that he just has glowing reviews and apparently I may have inadvertently made him mad by making a paypal claim, perhaps I will try to rectify this. I will cancel the claim and apologize to him and see if he will let me buy the rings. He is the only one that sells .5mm over rings for my bike without having to also buy the pistons.

Do you think that would work?
I think it would be worth a shot.
As the old saying goes you can catch more flys with honey than vinegar. A big stick is nice to have in one's arsenal. You just don't want to be to quick to pull it out and use it.

Raymond

likes to play with old motorbikes
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not much help but these are the people in the UK I bought piston rings from:

https://imdpistons.com/

They are happy to sell sets of rings separately from pistons and they stock std, +0.25, +0.50, +0.75 & +1.0 But I guess international postage would make them too expensive?

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi & Gretel: I ask, THEY decide.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
these are the people in the UK

....and dealing with people in the UK means no language problems....for the most part.
090316_english-man.jpg

kiwi

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't buy from cruzin. Got some faulty floats a few years back, sent him emails trying to point out this problem. He ignored them. Had to buy another set from sirrius.com. All he had to do was answer his email.

bikefreakjon

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
There is obviously a little bit of a language hurdle to be overcome when dealing with cruisin.

That said, there's nowhere else you can buy good quality Japanese Pistons for the prices that he offers and I've had three out of three good experiences with him.