My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Nope, I didn't Paul! Just lucky!:wink2:
Carbon,I'm happy as hell man! Yeah I was doing too much thinking for a little bit there.
Ran through what the trouble could be before I thought to check the tank!:doh::laugh:

Finally got the decals I wanted. The kid that did them didn't center the graphic very well,but I'll use them anyway.
Happy with how they turned out. My boss did the graphic for me off of the original one I had swiped from the internet.
Only got the one side on tonight, I'll get the other on soon.

I'll get an outside shot when it clears up.

Thanks John, I have been looking for this model for 2 months.
Host had too many miles on them for the same money.
This one has 6800 miles on her.
Whats the chance of getting a couple of those stickers for tool box?

How's the ride?
I've been looking at 900 Vulcan's and the Honda Shadows too. I really like the styling on your bike!
I still don't know how much those stickers are gonna cost me, I'll find out today though.

Thank you Paul!
Went for a ride and soon had no turn signals. I'll be checking that out tomorrow.
I'm thinking it might be the flasher, it was kinda sporadic before they went.

Hey John, That's cool Man.
The ride is soft and boat like.
She is the first cruiser bike for me.
The front end is heavy in my hands at slow speed though.
It think it is that big szz tire.
I'm digging her :thumbsup:
Thanks Man I like the retro look too>

I'm glad your digging her man! That big szz tire is cool though! I'll get one soon enough.
I saw where someone mentioned the "T battery"? What the hell were they talking about?

Hey Carbon, I googled that T battery. That must be a tight fit in there! I meet a guy who has a '07 1100 and talked about it.Hell of a nice ride he had. Carbon, if you pm me with your address I'll send you a couple of decals.
I went for a ride yesterday and decided to stop by the In-laws to check if I could use the truck and trailer today. They weren't home so went to start the bike and she back fired on me spitting out one of the carbs! I didn't have any tools on me. Had to call my oldest daughter to bring me some keys so I could use my father in laws hex key set and got it back on.Bike is running well,but now has a good pop out of the exhaust on the same side that had the carb spit off of. Going to check it out now along with the turn signals problem.

I replaced the flasher unit and all is well now.The old one was what came with the bike,who knows how old it was. Checked out the carb boot and found nothing wrong,I did turn the mix screws out a 1/4 turn and don't have any popping out of the exhaust.
Went for a good ride with a buddy over to Enterprise and met with the mechanic Steve.
I've been wanting to meet with him for awhile,man seems to know what he's talking about and is a good dude. Had a couple of people interested in the bike, including Steve.
All in all it was a good day for riding and meeting new people.:bike:

I did Carbon, I did!
How's that new bike working out for you?:bike:
I did talk to a guy who had a Suzuki c50 boulevard that's just sitting in a garage bay. While the bike looks to be a comfy ride and I'm sure they perform well I can't get around those fenders on them things!:laugh:

Last edited:
It finally stopped raining here! We got lucky as the weather is worse a little farther east of us.
I got the other decal on the switch side. The vinyl is really easy to work with! I was gonna pull my switch out, but installed over top and cut it out. Turned out good.

I'm going for a ride and dodging the puddles.:D:bike:

I did Carbon, I did!
How's that new bike working out for you?:bike:
I did talk to a guy who had a Suzuki c50 boulevard that's just sitting in a garage bay. While the bike looks to be a comfy ride and I'm sure they perform well I can't get around those fenders on them things!:laugh:

Hey John, Righton Man!
Yep I have looked at them, but never really wanted one.
I was looking for a bike that doesn't take to much wrenching and in the cruiser class.
The shadow 1100s fit that bill pretty well.
The bike runs good rides like a big boat.
The tires seam to be the ones that came with bike.:doh:
They have tread but are hard as a rock.
Mostly what I can say it has the heaviest frontend of any bike I've road.
You really have to hold on in the slow turns.
The seat was made for a guy with a size 60 waist :yikes:
It should be good on long runs.

If you can't miss the puddles just move your head over to one side! :laugh:
That's what I do when on the xs :D

The seat was made for a guy with a size 60 waist :yikes: :D

I know right? That was one thing I would've changed on that Vulcan 900, the seat was huge! That Suzuki seat looks to be about the same.:doh:
Yep, better change them tires out.
I got lucky and didn't hit any puddles until I was getting ready to leave my neighbors house to come home, I backed my rear tire into a mud hole and threw mud all over the back of my jacket!:laugh: Fronts clean, back not so much!:D

Back