My SX650 Scratch Bobber build

Wrap the actual full size image image link with these tags.

Alright, got the forwards done, did not like the black ones, ordered new polished ones, fabbed Linkage and mounted Harley rear master Cylinder.

I used 5/16 Cold roll rod from Home depot, ran an 8mm die down it 1.5 inches, used Yellow bottle MG9 Bernzomatic torch to heat the rod to make bending like butter.

It all needs to be cleaned up a bit as it is just tacked as of now. But here it is.

qs5w.jpg

byx2.jpg

Last edited:
OK got whole frame tabbed up, tigged and it is getting powder coated along with fnder, jack shaft housing and redoing the rank. Bought it from Rullo Customs, supposed to b clear powder coat over bare metal, it is actually a silver color over bare metal with a clear coat over the color coat. No biggie I'll just have it chemically stripped and redone right.

Ohh here is the seat, fresh in from getting covered. I actually trimmed it quite a bit on a band saw and then flap sanding wheel to touch up, it was more tear shaped, I straightened the edges to it does not dig into the thighs and gives the seat a longer lean look as opposed to a more rounded look. Opted for a distressed look with board track style stitching and some tooling.Maybe it is just me but I freaking love the result. Pretty much what was in my head.

t8tp.jpg

Dual Pull throttle for 1" bars does not exist(push pull does not what I need) but it does exist for 7/8". Arrived at a solution.

Bought 1" aluminum tube with 1/4" wall and had it turned it down a tad to fit the throttle and grip on the other side. Bars are still uber thick and beats solid rod I was using.

You can see here how it looks, looks seamless, and you can see the area turned down.

qtu.JPG

dg49.jpg

Ok getting it together, the colors make it look old'ish, which is good, I was going for Fonzi's black and silver Triumpth kind of 1950'ish vibe but with some modern touches. (Wide tire, disks, frame geometry etc) The satin works to look aged as opposed to semi or gloss which make everything look new. Even out of the oven the bike has an older look especially with the gray aluminum tins. So far so good, I suspect it will be a love it or hate it thing.

Here it is with fresh powder coat sans engine. Colors give it a vintage sort of look. Clip-ons have lost their appeal, they do not look right to me, looking to build custom mounts with the bars I had turned above, I need the 1" down to 7/8" bar config.

2cmi.jpg

0pmc.jpg

Back