My SX650 Scratch Bobber build

Water will eject from a tire at a tangent to the tire OD. If you lay a yardstick on the tire, with the longer end resting atop the fender rear edge, you'll get an idea of the max water ejection angle. Probably the middle of your back.

Of course, that assumes that you can find a puddle out there.

Rocks don't stick that well, especially with that tread pattern, and will eject early, to the rear...

Switching from dual carb to single carb on the bikes sprocket side to fill a gap. If it all goes well then the bike should not have an ugly side. I dunno, we'll see. Also moving the seat back 2.5 inches. Got machete bars from zombie mounted, after like 4 sets I think these may meet work.

Will have new unused mikuni vm34 with aluminum motor I takes and cables for sale.

The oil cooler I got on ebay wannabridin, I forget who, but it is quite big.

*Moved the seat back 2 inches to match styling better, little more aggressive and less gap. Going to trim fender back, probably the longer of the two marks.
*Added .120 wall oil bag for electronics and key ignition. Matches the beefy nature well.
*Seat with oil bag in new position.
*New single carb setup.

42XxKZ.jpg

ha7Lea.jpg

Uc6hl0.jpg

aTdutf.jpg

Really? It looks good now I think yes, but I think it would look better cut back a bit. Think it looks better a bit longer like it is huh. Yeah maybe if I really look at it.

Also I was going to redo the colors but with it together I am rethinking changing colors.

Yeah. keep the fender as is. You can always cut it back later if it bothers you that much! I also would stick with the colour, it looks "raw" and bare, I quite like that too!

Alright, after much worrying the motor that looked good actually worked as good. Marvin at Joe Wiseguys got it running. I had some custom T-shirts made up for the occasion too.

Last edited:
Alright, I went ahead and cut the fender back 2" to show a but more tire. You can see the tip I cut off in the second picture under the manilla envelope on the work bench by the grinder. Need to water jet new bracket for sea shock to raise rear of seat 1".

4FPArH.jpg

ZCcccg.jpg

Before and After shot. I definitely like it cut back just that little bit.
Ix4H2V.jpg

How about black springer with bars like these, or keep the bruiser bike look?
iLMzqs.png

Last edited:
Back