My SX650 Scratch Bobber build

What's the story with that piston having 4 bleed valves? I've never seen that before.
It can be used on a left or right side, that way you can bleed from the top regardless of side it's mounted to.

I should clarify that this is the case with wilwood systems I have installed on cars, but I imagine it would be the same with bikes

Ugh... The springer I got a year ago is wide glide so they look goofy. The apes are too narrrrow even for the sprinter to boot but fit the sportster clamps on my Showa forks. But would need chrome and I hate the bend. Ugh. Back to square 1. Won't bother posting a picture of wide glide forks on the bike, it looks hideous.

Opting out of the springer and brake may be cheaper at this point. rebuilding the Showa forks with billet chrome triples and chrome lowers then I'll go to demons and pick out bars with the Tripple clamp in hand.

Gonna be another 60 days I'll be traveling. So frustrating... So close....

2 forks, 3 bars and still not happy. What a pain lol.

Anyone in Florida wants a GREAT deal on new never used Sprite her forks and brake or biltwell bars and wants to pick, up let me know.

Last edited:
While I wait to get back to Florida to work on build, I ordered some new parts.
I got another set of fork lowers and had them polished. I need to swap them out and put some new seals in.
I am having some custom bars made too hopefully these will work, will probably have them powder coated in something.
I got a new chrome headlight with high intensity bulb.
My custom seat from Ranger leather showed up, it's mighty fine with pinstripe stitching to match bikes pin-striping.

Additionally, I got some great polished billet Tripples with stealth top nut, taped for internal fork stop some and 4 bolt risers to clamp the bars solidly. the bushing bar mounts are great for the XS too. I got red bushings.

These guys actually make XS frames too, I used their oil tank for my electronics. It is big and beefy not sheet metal.
I'd love to have one of their frames adapted for XS motors... http://www.chassisdesigncompany.net/frames_main.html

k88JRO.jpg
n1oBQO.jpg

Making progress, got the wiring in, horn and lights work so fingers crossed. Black ceramic pipes, I may get them redone in Silver. New triples and chrome light in and the new bars getting chrome plated. New seat from Ranger Leather too, I'll post pick of the awesome work when I get a better camera, kids have it currently.

Low and long but is begging for 21" front wheel that 19 front with larger tire profile clashes a bit I think....

That's it for at least a few weeks, heading back out of state. I need to put polished fork lowers on still and of course the cables I ordered are the wrong size. Ugh...

Last edited:
I need to put longer front brake line, I have it, but I wanted to ride it some before it goes down again.
Polished cases and fork tubes.
Definitely going to get a 21" front wheel. Not digging the 19" so much.
Need to add header wrap over the ceramic coating as I keep burning my leg.
Originally designed for clip-on bars ala drag bike, but along the way I developed a taste for ape hangers. Had these made and chrome plated. Adds a little OG to it.
Seat of from Ranger Leather out here on the forum, it matches the pinstripe paint.
Kicks over first or second kick.
Can see the VIN I got from custom bike builder in AZ on the downtube.
Handles great. Oversize rear sprocket makes it get up and go.
Basically a bar hopper not a commuter.
Looks better in motion with a rider than it does static.

Fox Mountian bike seat shock with compression and rebound works freaking great!

ZxTLIl.jpg

6hC9Tg.jpg

SfjiFe.jpg

Qpf4bN.jpg

LBv3qP.jpg

2Ghp68.jpg

hRdGJS.jpg

BKwiwM.jpg

F6oH13.jpg

Last edited:
Well BobbedSled - she’s not really my style, but I will definitely say that you’ve done a superb job on that bike! Really nice workmanship indeed (and glad to see a brake on each end too).

Pete

Back