Mystery ?

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Drug 2.jpg Drug 1.jpg I took a week and wing'd out to mostly sunny California to visit my brother. He lives in a small town outside Sonora. I cruised the area and he intro'd me to various individuals... the old long time Yamaha shop mechanic... he said there's no vintage stuff around.. I stop'd and ck'd out 650 Central... he said there's nothing lay'n around. My brother knew of bikes in alleys and along side garages.. but it was the basic UMJ.... The Yamaha mechanic has a Cm400 Honda.. nice shape has sat for sometime. I old my bro.. by the time you went thru the crabs, clean'd the tank.. add'd tires and chain... it exceeded the market value of the bike.. but it would be a nice rider with many seasons left on the odometer. The bro currently has a 4 banger Yamaha crotch rocket.... I'd rather have the Honda. There was many 70's and early 60's cars and trucks run'n around. I found on mid 60's Chevy short box step side that was rust free. Brother said it just sits there.. had current plates. No one was home at the time.
In his home town... hard times have fallen.... many downtown business's have folded.... the dreaded WalMart in Sonora..... We had a cup of joe and a scone at the coffee shop. On the wall.. a photo of the shop back in the day. A drug store at the time. He had a coffee table book with the history of nearly every house and building in the town. No one can determine when the drug store folded.. it when thru several different endeavors…. My brothers remembers it was closed for years.. then opened as a trinket shop..closed.. and now a coffee shop. The only real claim to fame for the town... The classic movie western " High Noon " was filmed there. Many of the buildings have not changed since then. The church from the film is still used today. On the wall of the coffee shop... a photo of the Drug store.. but..parked in front....a ..?..... Now.. I kind of suspected it was … and a few minutes of research confirmed my thoughts. I won't reveal what I came up with. We'll let fellow forums readers chime in.

High Noon.jpg Chevy short box.jpg Thought I'd add photo of the High Noon church.. and the subject of my drool all over the dash of the crappy airport rental. My brother is go'n to check on the pick up. If the price is right.. " ring ing, hello auto transport ? ". I also told him.. if he finds the bike in the drug store photo... toss it in the back of the pickup....I'll wing out and take a week drive'n home.... once the Sonora pass opens up.

Back