Need a part number for front sprocket oil seal. 1981 XS650 Special

Orion61

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I need the part number for front drive sprocket oil seal for a1981 XS650 Special. (It is my winter project). I looked at Mikes XS but didn't have much luck.
Lordy it is nice to be single, I am using my 4 season room to do this. 16 ft by 16 ft... It's so nice. My Married friends say, "I wish I could live like this", haha!
The seal makes for a nice self chain oiler, but kind of messes up the back of shirts!
While I have the bike apart I might as well replace it. I did this in the early 70's but my local Yamaha shop is out of stock.. BUT If they can do it they could probably find one.
I remember I froze the seal and heated the metal around it and it slid right in and dowel tapped it to seat it... I loved that 73TX!
any help with the pt number or have an extra for sale would be great..
Cheers to one and all that love the 650 like me.... The bike has 9,000 miles on it and rode it last summer (paid $600.00) for it clean title. It is a survivor never stripped, exactly as it rolled out of the factory.....

Thanks 5twins! Ordered and express checked out! Torquing it that tight is no problem. I always put seals in the freezer overnight,
then warm up the area slowly with a small butane torch/soldering iron, I have. I'd sure like to find another one.. got it at Radio Shack in the early 90's.
You meet the nicest people on a Yamaha, er' That was Honda, Yamaha won't you ride me away....

Back