Need a safety done in Hamilton Area

cooperxs650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I just finished up work on a 1979 XS650 and need a safety done in the Hamilton, Ontario area. I checked a local shop and they aren't interested in even looking at a bike that old.

Any recommendations on a mechanic who will safety a bike this old? No changes to the frame etc. - bascially stock with a new seat, air pods, new wiring, turn signals and ignition system.

Thanks

Cooperxs650

Hello,

I just finished up work on a 1979 XS650 and need a safety done in the Hamilton, Ontario area. I checked a local shop and they aren't interested in even looking at a bike that old.

Any recommendations on a mechanic who will safety a bike this old? No changes to the frame etc. - bascially stock with a new seat, air pods, new wiring, turn signals and ignition system.

Thanks

Cooperxs650

Basically, any licensed mechanic authorized to do mechanical fitness checks can do a safety check on any motor vehicle - including old motorcycles. I use a local garage to check my bikes over and they're happy to do it.

I don't know the Hamilton market - but try Zdeno Cycles in Waterloo or Two Wheel Motorsport in Guelph (I know they work on older bikes as they had a very pretty 1979 KZ650 on their showroom about a year or so ago).

...or just find some bikers and ask where they go....

Pete

Hello,

Thanks

Cooperxs650
I've always used Canadian Tire, I had my 1980 safetied at one in Hamilton, just make sure you call ahead and make sure they have a technician who can safety bikes, I don't think they all do.

Probably too late to help but I’ve used Tripp’s Cycle in Oakville. There’s also Motorcycle Enhancements in Oakville too. Ultimate Cycle in Hamilton?

Back