Wanted - Need BS38 Float Bowl

drsmith

RatRider
Reaction score
I purchased 2 carb rebuild kits to freshen up my stock bs38's on my 1973 tx650. Well when I had trouble getting the pilot jet out, I gave it to my brother in law since he was sure he could remove it with an EZ Out extractor. He ended up stripping the bowl threading itself. So now i'm in need of a bowl.

Please help brothers! The weather is getting nice here in Canada and I hate being on 4 wheels.

Attachments

• float bowl.jpg
    float bowl.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 274
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG
Here is what I have. The one lower one I couldn't get the brass screw out to save my life. The one on the top is good. The upper one has the plastic drain on the bottom while the one on the top is brass.

It most certainly does matter what letter is stamped on the bottom. Bowl may look the same on inside and outside, but the orifices, heights of the cross-drilled holes, and heights of the jet seats are different. You should keep the bowls true to the original carb set, and you should absolutely keep the letters the same left and right.

dr, note the vacuum channel pattern in the float bowls.The original bowls on the TX650 were stamped "A." The vacuum channel pattern was the same as the "H" stamp bowl (original on TX650A and XS650B, 1974 and 1975) shown in Post 4 above; a pair of "H" bowls will probably work for you. You'd need BS30/96 pilot jets; they're the ones with the small metering hole in the barb end of the jet, not the threaded end. Stock pilot jet size for all models from XS2 through XS650B is 42.5. The "O" pattern float bowl was fitted to 1976 and 1977 models,and required VM22/210 jets with the metering hole in the threaded end.

If the rest of your project bike shows this kind of attention to detail by the PO, you're in for an interesting experience!

Back