Need help with tire change

Appreciate the tip.........the bike came with tubeless valve stems so I assumed it was for tubeless.........I just went and looked more carefully and it's stamped "suitable for tubeless tires" but you have to look real close because the stamp is inward and painted over from the factory and not very visable.........80SG........maybe that's why I'm speaking (typing) and not dead.....:eek:......xsjohn

No hard tails for me......that for sure (suitable for hard tail) is not stamped on my ass........:laugh:

That doesn't get stamped... it gets branded.

Good to see ya, John!

Gordon, where does one get this spark plug adapter for connecting a hose to and pumping up your tires?

So you must carry tire spoons with you too?

Bicycle seats can split the crack in your ass wide open ........ hardtails may just flatten your ass........I avoid both now just in case.........:laugh:

Travis, Advance Auto Parts sell's the sparkplug adapter's. I use the one's that are for holding the valve's closed when doing a valve seal replacement. I use a male coupler on both the adapter & the tire valve end, & female's on the hose end's. That way, no crap get's in the hose,& can easily clean out the 2 other end's. One spoon, & one clamp to hold the tire from slipping.(small vise-grippe)

No, just pull the vacuum cap off for a very lean mix.Then when you can , replace the fuel mixture in the tire with fresh air.
I have seen co2 cartridges that do the same thing, but they are kinda expensive.
I figure that if I get into some kinda accident that would cause the tire to explode, that I'm already dead anyway,so,,,
Also you have to groung the plug wire, too. Don't want another problem along with the flat.
This thing did not cost me anything but the time to make it all up. The hose was a piece of an old one that was going to be thrown away, & the fitting's I've had for ever. I've got the tool that swedges fitting's onto hose so it all works pretty good.:shrug::bike:

On further discussion of tubeless rims for these XS’s…mine does say “suitable for tubeless tires” but the rim does not have the 5 degree rise toward the center of the rim on the horizontal surface ………makes me think the key word is “suitable”…..will leave that for interpretation ……..I obviously have survived these rims but I never use soap or any lubricant when mounting the tires and clean the rims well as a bit of safety……

(Rim and tire experts)……Your thoughts on the no 5 degree rise on the horizontal surface toward the center would be appreciated……are all tubeless motorcycle rims designed this way today………?…………xsjohn

http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/section6.htm

Back