Need lost Title help

mcalex93

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello can any Ohioans help me out
I bought a bunch of 650 parts to work on my motorcycle and the guy threw in an extra frame with no title it comes with a motor the motor is good and complete he is not the type original title holder and has no idea who the title holder is as he bought it as is,.
I went to my local BMV and explained how I became the owner of the bike and they refused to help me claiming I was breaking a law called title jumping and only the title owner could apply for a new title
Am i sol or is there a way around this

Your DMV is right. Legally the bike belongs to who`s the registered title holder. Just go to another DMV and ask a different person. You`ll more than likely get a different answer.:thumbsup: Don`t let them stiff you for all the back taxes. DMV`s like to do that.:shrug:

I`m in KS but any bike 35 years or older that is being registered as a Antique can get a title with a bill of sale, proof of insurance, and HP serial number search. Good luck.

I`m in KS but any bike 35 years or older that is being registered as a Antique can get a title with a bill of sale, proof of insurance, and HP serial number search. Good luck.
Need a title in Ohio from what I just read to register it as a vintage vehicle

Check the VIN stamped on the frame, and the corresponding number on the engine, to determine what year that critter is. Fine & dandy if the two match. If they don't, even better. Put that motor into your titled frame. The frame number is the only one that matters to the DMV. Then sell the frame for what you paid for the rest of the parts. Somebody will buy it to build a chopper, probably.... Good luck. :bike:

Back