New 1981 SH Project

jones5944

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone and I wish all of you a Happy Christmas.

Picked up a rolling frame 1981 SH and I am getting to start a new build. Not real sure where its going to end but, that is part of the fun of it.

My first item that I am in need of is an engine and I would to get some ideas on what years I can put in this frame without major fabrication work.

I look forward to hearing suggestions and I will be posting pics as the project progresses.

Blank sheet of paper.
Engines from 1974 to 1984 are a direct fit. Your bike is an electronic ignition model. Those started with 1980. Depending upon how much of it you already have and what you want to do…
There are plenty of aftermarket ignition systems available for an XS650.

This could be the start of a build thread for you.

Hello everyone and I wish all of you a Happy Christmas.

Picked up a rolling frame 1981 SH and I am getting to start a new build. Not real sure where its going to end but, that is part of the fun of it.

My first item that I am in need of is an engine and I would to get some ideas on what years I can put in this frame without major fabrication work.

I look forward to hearing suggestions and I will be posting pics as the project progresses.
I hope this turns into a build thread with plenty of pictures.
Can’t get enough build threads here.
All advice freely given
Ads.

The only two things are better than wrenching on your SH. Hearing it run right and riding it! Pics.. we love pics

Back