New Ford Maverick

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Has any one out there ordered a hybrid Maverick
I did in August ?? or before they stopped people ordering one (can't remember exactly when but the window of opportunity was like 3 weeks?)
I ordered one from my local dealer (Tenvoorde Ford ) and gave them $500 down to place my order
The price of the one I ordered was around $28000
But now I see they have one in stock for over $39000 and they tell me people will pay the extra $10000 just to get one and the one they have is probably sold already and then they tell me that mine is ordered but of course that's pure BS
I sent an email to Tenvoorde Ford and Ford Motor company asking them who's order did they steal ?? to be able to get one for the dealer first
Rat Bastards
There rant over :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sincerely yours ( old grade school letter writing )
Mikey

ALL car dealers are thieves. Period.

I go in assuming I'm going to get fucked, best I can hope for is a little lube and maybe a kiss after.

I've owned multiple GM's, a few Dodges and multiple Toyotas. In 50+ years of buying vehicles, I have NEVER been able to get a Ford dealer to come anywhere near talking sense. "Sticker plus markup, take it or leave it."

Fine. Fuck you, I'm outta here. I used those exact words once, drove 3 blocks up the street and paid cash for a Dodge...

ALL car dealers are thieves. Period.

I go in assuming I'm going to get fucked, best I can hope for is a little lube and maybe a kiss after.

I've owned multiple GM's, a few Dodges and multiple Toyotas. In 50+ years of buying vehicles, I have NEVER been able to get a Ford dealer to come anywhere near talking sense. "Sticker plus markup, take it or leave it."

Fine. Fuck you, I'm outta here. I used those exact words once, drove 3 blocks up the street and paid cash for a Dodge...
I know they want to fuck with me but the "deal " was orders get filled first and then dealers next
Yeah right
I talked to a dealer still close to me and he said they NEVER mark up their vehicles but....
"would you like to order one"
I'd like a hug first

Too bad these are not still there.:( New unsold Maverick`s stored in Kansas City limestone caves. When it come`s to buying from a dealership Joe Diffie was spot on.:thumbsup:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...=2ahUKEwjegYHt2dn9AhX6lGoFHQfpCEAQri56BAggEA8
202024380_4371013479629914_6638667945940795949_n.jpg

the one I ordered was around $28000
But now I see they have one in stock for over $39000 and they tell me people will pay the extra $10000 just to get one

When we decided to replace our two older cars with one new one, we started looking around at the dealerships. This is what we were shopping for, a Kia Seltos,
62DBEED2-8AFB-42F8-9FA8-355FA8ABBF36.jpeg
But the Kia dealers, were all adding on huge markups over MSRP and they couldn’t sell them fast enough, there was a waiting list. The car had a list price of $25,000 but they were all selling for well over $30K. We refused to be held hostage to that BS.

So this is what we wound up with, the Hyundai Venue,
DF8C4EC5-0978-4B31-87C4-48F0A0E332A7.jpeg

Same parent motor company, same color, similar style, exact same humongous 10 year warranty,
but it did not have any markup over MSRP. Not only that but it was $2K less and it was one of those no hassle dealerships where you only deal with one person, none of that ridiculous nonsense of having the sales manager and finance manager trying to make your head spin and getting you to pay for crap you don’t want. It was simply “ this is the price of the car, sign here please”. Simple 🙂

One dealership we went to, the salesman actually laughed at us when we told him we were wanting to keep it under $25K. He said “You can’t even get a used car for that! “
OK……see ya! 😄
Forget It No GIF by Studio Hamburg Serienwerft GmbH

I was at the Ford stealership and asked about the Maverick that I ordered
I was told and saw it on a managers computer that the vehicle was ordered but that's about all the commitment I got (ordered July 22nd 2022)
I'm having a trailer hitch put on my Hyundai Ionic Thursday and go looking for an aluminum trailer (5x8?) to pull behind it
I love the Ionic and have only sat in a Maverick once so I guess my motorcycle hauler will be the Ionic for now as the car only has 25,000 miles on it
And hell maybe the dealership will let me drive their over priced Maverick and I'll see if I even want one
And if I don't have a ride along salesman I'll take the maverick for a MF shakedown cruise

When we decided to replace our two older cars with one new one, we started looking around at the dealerships. This is what we were shopping for, a Kia Seltos,
View attachment 239061
But the Kia dealers, were all adding on huge markups over MSRP and they couldn’t sell them fast enough, there was a waiting list. The car had a list price of $25,000 but they were all selling for well over $30K. We refused to be held hostage to that BS.

So this is what we wound up with, the Hyundai Venue,
View attachment 239060

Same parent motor company, same color, similar style, exact same humongous 10 year warranty,
but it did not have any markup over MSRP. Not only that but it was $2K less and it was one of those no hassle dealerships where you only deal with one person, none of that ridiculous nonsense of having the sales manager and finance manager trying to make your head spin and getting you to pay for crap you don’t want. It was simply “ this is the price of the car, sign here please”. Simple 🙂

One dealership we went to, the salesman actually laughed at us when we told him we were wanting to keep it under $25K. He said “You can’t even get a used car for that! “
OK……see ya! 😄
Forget It No GIF by Studio Hamburg Serienwerft GmbH
That does look like a good car I'm just looking for another hybrid hence the Maverick hybrid

Yeah I thought that Maverick looked like a really nice truck. I seem to recall seeing an article recently that that said something to the effect that the initial MSRP had gone up significantly since the truck was first introduced. It was something of a bargain in the early days.

Yeah starting price was just under $20,000 but I swear the base model at that price did not have cruise control :umm:
But they would throw in 4 new tires on it for free :laugh:

The Ionic rides nice the gas mileage is great and even better in town than the highway but they are now only EV
The Ionic I bought was $24,000 and you could haggle
I paid no taxes /fees /dealer prep etc

Ordered a Camry Hybrid 5 months ago - delivery time 12 months approx.
Rang Toyota about 2 months after ordering it and asked if we would go to the back of the que if we changed our colour now.
Yes we would, but no worries, we will order you another one in the other colour - so we have 2 camry's coming - we can pick either one.
Regards - Ray

Ford dealer called yesterday and my car/truck will be here in October :shrug:
No price increase from the price it was when I ordered it so thats a plus
And a lot of the people that ordered a 23 now will be getting a 24 with a price increase if they get one
But aren't the dealerships parading around next years models in October ?
Lets see if I actually get the vehicle first and then I'll see if it's as good as they say they are
I will miss my Ionic but 2 car garage and 3 vehicles won't work thank god Yamahas don't take up to much space if you stack them right :bike:

I like to be able to tow something with my vehicle. Looked at the new Maverick and it’s tow capacity us only 2,000 lbs. That’s a deal buster for me. My 2015 4Runner only pulls 4,000 although I’ve towed 1-1/2 X that before. Right now my truck still runs great and looks the same so I’ll hang onto it until it dies. Cringe at the thought of buying a new vehicle.😖

Yeah I saw the towing capacity but I'm fine with it I'll only be getting small items some lumber maybe another bike :banghead:
And I even had a hitch put on the Ionic but it would have to pull a pretty narrow trailer given the width of the car ( I think it was supposed to be able to tow 2,000 lbs too)
But a trailer behind that car with 2 bikes behind it wasn't going to work
I had high hopes of using that car to tow the 2 bikes to the Ozarks rally for the gas mileage it would get but I though better of the idea and we came in my buddys full size truck and trailer instead

I like to be able to tow something with my vehicle. Looked at the new Maverick and it’s tow capacity us only 2,000 lbs. That’s a deal buster for me. My 2015 4Runner only pulls 4,000 although I’ve towed 1-1/2 X that before. Right now my truck still runs great and looks the same so I’ll hang onto it until it dies. Cringe at the thought of buying a new vehicle.😖
I got sticker shock for the licensing fees and now of course the insurance will suck too
I've been saving since I was 19 on the advice of mentors that I worked with and now it's time to spend some
Sorry stepson and grandson but were spending some now and when were gone they can have the rest

Unless you’re made of money, you can’t get anything that will pull a greasy string out of a duck’s a$$.

Back