New from Victoria, BC

atlasex

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just a note to say good day, I'm in the process of buying a mint 1975 xs650 with 9000 original miles , I haven't seen it in person yet but hope to in a day or two. What do the experienced guru's on this forum think it's worth ? You're input would be very helpful in my purchase. He's asking $3500 Cnd. , do you all think that's a fair price? He says it's perfect , and I must say it does look good in the photo. Wish me luck !!

Attachments

• IMG_3920.jpg
    IMG_3920.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 169
Miles? or K-Lomiters? When you say miles I think US import bike... 75-79 are the better years imho. 3500 not unreasonable but I think retail was 1800 cdn back in 75. (Maybe less)... If I were king, I would pay under 3000 in a perfect world. I think the Current owner is trying to ride the wave of increase in popularity. That all being said, you couldnt restore one to mint for 3500....

Highspeed, thanks for your input, you're right I don't think you could restore one for less than that and I also agree with your other statement about riding the wave, but nice ones are getting harder to find. I guess in the whole scheme of things 500 dollars more or less isn't much these days anyway. And over a lifetime is very little $ especially for a good one. It's in miles btw and it was a U.S import. I had a look at it tonight and it is quite nice and runs great , I noticed just a little oil stain from the head gasket area , but not scarey.

i would grab it for that!!

i got mine for free, and i know i put around that into it to get it where it is now (close to stock 74) and it needs a new exhaust system still.

Thanks CDNTX650 , I know it's not cheap to get one back to new, I just got a suzuki gs750 on the road again for my son, it wasn't cheap . Even average tires installed will set you back almost $400. If I would have had to pay for all the mechanical work on it, instead of doing it myself that bike would have cost in the $3500 range, and we paid $275 for it from the get go.

Just to let you know the deal didn't go through, he offered it to me for $3500 , not a bad price for the bike, I went to look at it and liked it. I asked if he would take an offer and he said his price was firm. So I agreed to the asking price, there was a slight hesitation from him and he then asked "what did I say the price was on the email"? I said $3500 , and he said "Oh No , I was afraid of that and said I cant let it go for that , I want $4000 and won't accept any less" . After that , I couldn't give him what he was asking just based on principal. I've never had that happen to me before, he wasted my time.

Wow what a piece of human trash. Shoulda kicked him in the jubblies or asked for 5 bux gas money. Some peoples kids...
I know, it was really strange , I thought at first he was joking. Like I said , that was a new one for me .
Anyhoo the search is still on , now to get people who have something for sale to be courteous enough to email me back and at least tell me if the bike is at least still for sale or not. Why bother listing something for sale and then not return emails , that really pisses me off . Ive been sending two people emails for more than a week now, the listing is still there so I'm just assuming the bike is still for sale. If it's not for sale take the %$@damn post down or at least email me and let me know it's sold.

Hey neighbour! I'm from Vancouver and looking for my first XS650. Craigslist is full of flakes and time wasters. Frustrating at best. I'm glad you didn't give the guy $4000. Good luck with your search!

Thanks to you Sidewalks , good luck to you too, interesting handle BTW. Good ones are getting hard to find, and most of the good ones are expensive. Looks like a road trip into the states sometime , our Canadian dollar is strong right now and that helps a bit.

Back