New here!

I haven't done one myself. Just about every woe who has, has a problem lining these things up. Lots of lip chewing and head twisting will help

Looks like you need the/a bracket to support the muffler. That would help to push it out a little so it doesn't hit...........think that causes other alignment issues though

bikes looking good

Don't know what altitude you ride at but that pipe needs fatter jets than the stock system.
Had way too many bikes come through the shed of ill repute with a two into one exhaust and a holed piston....

Good to know Gary! I'll get on that! Gonna check the plugs when I get to work tomorrow. Just got it on the cheap. Hate the look, don't mind the sound. And Skull, ya I ended up just removing the passenger pegs and fitting a bracket on that stud. You're right, lots of head twisting and lip chewing to get it on there! Thanks guys

Don't know what altitude you ride at but that pipe needs fatter jets than the stock system.
Had way too many bikes come through the shed of ill repute with a two into one exhaust and a holed piston....
What would be your best guess for a starting jet size? Couple sizes up? Haven't cracked these carbs open yet, so still got a lot to learn there. But I'm sure the tech section can help me out. Just curious where you would start? Altitude is about 3100'

I'm lazy and well @5twins is the forum master on all matters jetting. Find out what's in em, look at your plugs, do a plug chop too. Prolly need to bump mains 2 and pilots 1, summwhere's in there, buy only genuine mikuni jets. Stock BS34's tend to have a very lean midrange from the factory. (A 2.5 to 3Kish stumble is common).
650carbspecsreducedsizeey7.png

I'm lazy and well @5twins is the forum master on all matters jetting. Find out what's in em, look at your plugs, do a plug chop too. Prolly need to bump mains 2 and pilots 1, summwhere's in there, buy only genuine mikuni jets. Stock BS34's tend to have a very lean midrange from the factory. (A 2.5 to 3Kish stumble is common).
View attachment 225036
Wow! Perfect! Thanks sir!

3100 feet is enough that stock jetting prolly was a bit fatter than us low landers experience. so you might not need to go up as much as we would.
K, I was wondering as the PO had straight pipes on when I purchased. Sounds like a plug check is in order for sure though.

Hey guys, while I'm waiting on my carb kits to arrive I'm going to head in the oil filter side for a clutch/ springs replacement. What do you guys recommend to look for if I'm having a 3rd into 4th false neutral while upshifting?

Unfortunately the other possible cause of a false neutral is inside the transmission (center case) and involves the shift fork and gear shimming (side play).

Ensure the shift shaft pawl is centered on star assembly - adjust as needed.
View attachment 225469
Great info, JP... I'm having a similar problem with false neutrals on upshifts, usually 3rd to 4th, 4 to 5th. The transmission also gets "stuck" in neutral when trying to find 1st at a stop. Need to "upshift", then downshift to engage 1st. Same initial diagnosis?

Great info, JP... I'm having a similar problem with false neutrals on upshifts, usually 3rd to 4th, 4 to 5th. The transmission also gets "stuck" in neutral when trying to find 1st at a stop. Need to "upshift", then downshift to engage 1st. Same initial diagnosis?
The last bit may be clutch, but the drum stopper can cause a lot of ill shifting, along with the shift pawl/star adjustment

Glad you fixed it Peepz. You made a good diagnosis. I got the answer the same way I got through High School - I copied from the smart kids: 5twins

Back