New Member Hoping to Contact Another User (Joe)

matty

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Was out riding yesterday in the Bronte/Burlington, ON area and by chance ran into another xs650.

Rode together for a bit then both stopped at timmies for a chat. I’m a new rider, 650 being my first bike, and he was giving me some great tips and gave me his number. Name was Joe.

Turns out I got the wrong number down when I sent the text so am now looking for a Joe from Bronte with a ‘71 or ‘74. Said he had a few bikes he’s been working on and told me about this website/community.

If anyone knows who this user might be if they could maybe shoot them a DM saying Matt with the ‘80 on lakeshore was looking for him that’d be a great.

From the lurking, I believe his user might be Canuck1969 but I don’t have DM privileges as a new user to message him directly. Believe his name is also Joe and is from Burlington.

Thanks to anyone who can help out.

Was out riding yesterday in the Bronte/Burlington, ON area and by chance ran into another xs650.

Rode together for a bit then both stopped at timmies for a chat. I’m a new rider, 650 being my first bike, and he was giving me some great tips and gave me his number. Name was Joe.

Turns out I got the wrong number down when I sent the text so am now looking for a Joe from Bronte with a ‘71 or ‘74. Said he had a few bikes he’s been working on and told me about this website/community.

If anyone knows who this user might be if they could maybe shoot them a DM saying Matt with the ‘80 on lakeshore was looking for him that’d be a great.

From the lurking, I believe his user might be Canuck1969 but I don’t have DM privileges as a new user to message him directly. Believe his name is also Joe and is from Burlington.

Thanks to anyone who can help out.
You just need to have 5 messages on the board and then you will get the DM privileges unlocked. @canuck1969

@matty You could post up some pics of your bike :sneaky:

ahaha sure, hope it’s helpful. Here ya go:

Attachments

• 938975D9-DFED-41BE-B508-116F612D9066.jpeg
    938975D9-DFED-41BE-B508-116F612D9066.jpeg
    523.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 1C14D9DC-A28D-4D83-8203-577D4087BA5D.jpeg
    1C14D9DC-A28D-4D83-8203-577D4087BA5D.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 68C9A24E-980E-47F0-95A7-9644C65EEDF4.jpeg
    68C9A24E-980E-47F0-95A7-9644C65EEDF4.jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 114
Welcome! post more . lol

Welcome to the forum @matty !
Nice looking bike. Very clean looking.
It poses rather nicely and I love your eclectic selection of backgrounds. Can't ever go wrong with an airplane by your bike! The forum has a few photo challenges that would appear to be a natural fit for you. The forum loves pics and these guys have a great deal of knowledge about all things xs650. That would include sourcing parts (some vendors are better and have better parts depending on the part than others).
It is usually a great idea to ask here before ordering. The members in general will go out of their way to help you solve any issues you may have. Welcome to our family!

Welcome to the forum @matty !
Nice looking bike. Very clean looking.
It poses rather nicely and I love your eclectic selection of backgrounds. Can't ever go wrong with an airplane by your bike! The forum has a few photo challenges that would appear to be a natural fit for you. The forum loves pics and these guys have a great deal of knowledge about all things xs650. That would include sourcing parts (some vendors are better and have better parts depending on the part than others).
It is usually a great idea to ask here before ordering. The members in general will go out of their way to help you solve any issues you may have. Welcome to our family!
Thank you for the warm welcome! Love seeing my bike in new places, has been great to explore places I otherwise never would have went to.

Thanks for the tips, I definitely have some questions I’ll reserve for another thread…

@MaxPete knows most XS folk 'round that part of the world. Pete?

Last edited:
I predict that you'll cross paths again; seems to be a Small World in your neck of the woods. A few years ago I was having a burger and fries from Mackie's with my late friend Robin on the beach in Port Stanley when two young guys approached and said they liked our XS650's in the parking lot. In a moment, there we were, four XS650.com members sitting at a picnic table together chatting up a storm.. :bike:

1659998483549.jpeg

Last edited:
I predict that you'll cross paths again; seems to be a Small World in your neck of the woods. A few years ago I was having a burger and fries from Mackie's with my late friend Robin on the beach in Port Stanley when two young guys approached and said they liked our XS650's in the parking lot. In a moment, there were were, four XS650.com members sitting at a picnic table together chatting up a storm.. :bike:

Great story, thank you for sharing. I hope you’re right. I take that road often so fingers crossed.

He was a great guy and super hyped I had chosen an xs650 as my first - had an absolute wealth of knowledge too.

Back