New/Old project

dagored

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Having just joined XS65.com, I though I would share my current project and get to know some of the membership. My experience with the venerable XS650 series date back to April of 1971 when after returning from 'Nam, my local Triumph dealer talked me into buying an XS1B over an OIF Triumph. I owned the bike for 9 years. Had great fun at the drag strips with it. The dealer helped me out with some flat track motor parts and assisted in installation of a 750 kit. If memory serves, it posted very low 13's at 99 mph. That bike is history. Fast forward to 2007 when I saw the Hooligan at The Home For Wayward Motorcycles. It was love at first sight and I made a trade with the owner. the machine consists of an Xl500s Honda dirt bike frame stuffed with an XS650C motor. The frame has been modified to take an XL600 Pro Link monoshock rear suspension. I'm not sure what the front end was taken from. The bike was originally built by Motorcycle Performance of Madison Wi. My plans call for cosmetic refinish, new wiring, SX125 HD gas tank and a round headlight. I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• hooliganrightnew.jpg
    hooliganrightnew.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 283
  • hooliganleftnew.jpg
    hooliganleftnew.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 300
Damn! that's pretty cool as it is. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished. I think a round headlight would look good. Looks very Supermoto!!

- the early xl250 had a beautiful silver grey tank with pinstriping...it mght fit

9523_0_1_2_xl%20250_Image%20credits%20-%20PATRICK%20DUTREUX.jpg

Back