New Project started

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up, 79 partly converted into a street XS, the Lad who owned her had already started on the bike. I will be changing her to a Gauloise replica from the seventies, (hopefully).

The handle bars are first, replaced the silver bars for my gold fatbars, I know I am such a bling bitch but hey ho your only here once
Leslie's new project 6.jpg
fatbars 5.jpg
Leslie's new project 2.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, it appears they've fitted an early disc with a later caliper. I've thought of trying that. If you figure out how they did it, let us know. The early disc has 5mm more offset.

Offset.jpg

Offset2.jpg

Interesting, it appears they've fitted an early disc with a later caliper. I've thought of trying that. If you figure out how they did it, let us know. The early disc has 5mm more offset.

View attachment 210203

View attachment 210205
5 haven't even noticed, I'm hoping to get a left hand calliper, and make her a twin disc as part of my project, I'll have a look and post some images

Last edited:
Personally I love it when someone has a clear idea of what direction they desire to go with their bike.
Especially when it's not stock.
You are clearly a fan of Yamaha and Team Gauloise & Christian Sarron in particular. I'm guessing a tribute bike of sorts and I will most certainly be following to see how it comes along. Best of luck.

Bluz thank you, I'm not going as radical as the last project, callipers and discs(twin set up if I can find a left hand calliper) handle bar furniture left & right both full refurb, the headlight back to standard. I love the Gauloise colours so IO am looking at having her wrapped similar to the 2022 XSR900, so I need a set of mags, I will probably swap my existing with Ants for the mag wheels they will look good in gold.

Attachments

• Sarron XSR900.jpg
    Sarron XSR900.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 73
Personally I love it when someone has a clear idea of what direction they desire to go with their bike.
Especially when it's not stock.
You are clearly a fan of Yamaha and Team Gauloise & Christian Sarron in particular. I'm guessing a tribute bike of sorts and I will most certainly be following to see how it comes along. Best of luck.
Bluz, my last project.

Attachments

• XS Flat Tracker after 1.JPG
    XS Flat Tracker after 1.JPG
    607.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Yamaha XS650 Flat Tracker 1 lesliesaint@hotmail.co.uk.JPG
    Yamaha XS650 Flat Tracker 1 lesliesaint@hotmail.co.uk.JPG
    671.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF8779.JPG
    DSCF8779.JPG
    641.6 KB · Views: 117
The pods you have may cause running issues at speed, notably in the midrange to main transition area, say from about 4K up to 5500 RPM. For pods, they check all the bad boxes (too short, tapered, end caps, K&N pleated style). A long, straight, open ended foam pod works best.

Took her to Derbyshire today, weather was corking, about 50 miles round trip, notice a small leak coming out of the left hand timing cover. Tomorrow's job re-torque the head, I wouldn't mind a PDF plan view of the head showing the tightening & torque values.

Back