New Project started

Just make sure they're thick enough so the acorn nuts don't bottom out on the studs before the head is tight. I used the Suzuki washers on my 1st XS but now just use 2mm thick washers I got off eBay .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153431432762?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=453372990672&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

LeftCarb.jpg

Last edited:
I managed to pick up a XS750 front brake set up, off eBay, year/model unknown, i would like to know as i want to refurb them before fitting to my bike with new seals and a paint.

Attachments

• fc1.jpg
    fc1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 78
  • fc2.jpg
    fc2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 77
  • fc3.jpg
    fc3.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 77
  • fcd1.jpg
    fcd1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 72
  • fcd2.jpg
    fcd2.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 77
I think front disc diameter is 298mm, rears 265mm? I still can't figure out how they got that early disc to work with the later caliper, due to it's 5mm more offset. Hopefully they modded the disc, maybe shaving 5mm off the bottom of the mounting surface. If they modded the wheel hub or caliper mounts on the fork, you may have issues fitting the later disc back on there.

That matt black headlamp, with the tango tank, looks proper that does.

Not too sure what you mean by your question about connectors. You have lots of options - Japanese-style bullets or perhaps multi-pin mini-connectors. Or is it a question about what wire connects to what?

That matt black headlamp, with the tango tank, looks proper that does.

Not too sure what you mean by your question about connectors. You have lots of options - Japanese-style bullets or perhaps multi-pin mini-connectors. Or is it a question about what wire connects to what?
Superseal type seem to be popular I like simple

Back