New Server

Damn. Skull, I just sent you an email. Basically it's asking you to do a traceroute on your computer for xs650.com and send the results to me to forward to the managed services team at my server hosting company. They say everything looks fine on the server and it must be a DNS propagation issue.

It seems like the three of you having problems are not in the U.S. I wonder if there is something to that. Anyone in the U.S. having problems? For the me the site is faster than it's ever been.

everything is fine here in the Uk ........pages are loading damn quick lickedysplit

Of course as soon as post that, now I'm having problems. What's weird is that xs400.com is on the same server and seems to be working fine.

It was working great earlier this morning. Now taking several minutes for a page to load.
Whatever is happening is very sporadic.

It was working great earlier this morning. Now taking several minutes for a page or post to load.
Whatever is happening is very sporadic.

Edit: After 5 minutes of no luck posting this reply I hit post reply again which ended up with this duplicate message.

Edit 2: I have been trying to save this edit for approx. a half an hour now.
Will try hitting Save Changes again and see if it will post while I'm out.

Last edited:
I thought flushing my DNS cache fixed my problem, but it quit loading again last night. Would time out multiple times. I'm in KC

Problems here also. Tried to go in the forum this morning , no luck. Came back a couple hours later and everything is fine. It’s been real hit or miss.
Edit: Travis for what it’s worth, all my computers are Apple running IOS software version 11.4

Last edited:
my link is still perfect ...really fast split second page refresh ??:umm:

Weird eh ? What OS & browser is everyone using I'm Windows 7 ,Opera with ad blockers

Windows 8.1 on my desktop
Windows 7 on my shop laptop
Android 8.1.0 on my Google Nexus 6P Smartphone

Same problems on all three.

Edit: Goggle Chrome on all 3 devices

Last edited:
Looks like it's across all platforms.... Windows 10 and Firefox.

So I've been going back and forth with the managed services team at the hosting company. They can't seem to quite figure it out either. They said there are no resource usage hikes or server loads that would indicate a problem and there are no specific errors in the Apache error logs either. Something is not right and I'm not buying that it's a DNS issue anymore. I'll keep on them. About a half hour ago, they said they tweaked some settings and asked me to report if there are any further problems. So if you have any problems after now, let me know right away so I can let them know to keep digging.

Travis, it pings good right now (about 45ms) using CMD prompt. You recommend an on-line pinger that will give us more onfo?

Travis, Email sent.............At present the site is working as good as it ever has.........finger toes and other extensions crossed o_O:)

No change to my set up........Windows 10......firefox.....both set for add blockers, pop ups and no tracking or third party cookies........also have addblock plus..........This does slow down my server to an extent but the only site i am having trouble with was XS650.com and only since the change over.

Yes, page loads are fast right now... but there's still a problem. I tried to "reply" to skull's comment above and the little bars top right flashed... and flashed... till the request timed out (about 30 sec.). Something else is wrong here besides "just" page load times.

Sorry, what I meant was Robin, I clicked the "reply" button which should have loaded Skulls comment in my comment box.... and nothing happened... the request timed out even though I could quickly refresh the page. This has happened quiet a bit since the server change.
Sorry, should have been clearer....

Jim, http://pingtool.org/ is a simple tool. There of tons of page speed tools on the internet you can use for any website. If you check some, it's probably best to use a thread like this one and use the full address.

I agree it's not just a page speed problem. Posting seems to be the biggest problem right now, but only intermittently, and pages loading or not loading is a problem. Even if page speeds are not optimized, the fact that it's kind of all or nothing right now points to different problem. When pages do load, they tend to load fast.

Sorry, what I meant was Robin, I clicked the "reply" button which should have loaded Skulls comment in my comment box.... and nothing happened... the request timed out even though I could quickly refresh the page. This has happened quiet a bit since the server change.
Sorry, should have been clearer....

Worked ok for me and having no trouble at present..........Funny i have never used the reply feature only the quote and insert quotes........Might start using it in the future......a lot quicker to reply......

i may not be smart..... but...... I can lift heavy things

Back