Newb on his second ride - Greetings

Do you prefer an original / stock or modded xs650?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking like a great start ! Too bad those mufflers died. Before you order new mufflers, wait about a week as there is a new lead on good mufflers coming here soon ! You have the "standard" head pipes which is good. -R
:cheers:

thanks, this made me rethink my decision to order the pipes for a hot sec. My buddy reminded me my pipes are fairly rusted underneath, might not look the best with new mufflers, though I could definitely clean it up a bit. Might just sell them instead? or put them aside

thanks, this made me rethink my decision to order the pipes for a hot sec. My buddy reminded me my pipes are fairly rusted underneath, might not look the best with new mufflers, though I could definitely clean it up a bit. Might just sell them instead? or put them aside

What ever you do with those pipes Nuke - don’t scrap them.
Aside from the tins (fuel tanks and sidecovers), about the only parts of XS650s that are not available now as either NOS, decent used or nice repops - are original exhausts.

On your horn issue...they draw a lot of current so it seems clear that somewhere in the horn circuit there must be a high resistance point. Perhaps the horn wire (coloured pink IIRC) is pinched somewhere or there is some goo inside the horn switch or the contacts that plug onto the horn are dirty......

BTW, XS650 Direct in Stratford, ON actually sells horn and starter button replacements....P/N 24-6525 for the princely sum of $7.50 Canadian. They are fast too (I placed an order last Friday afternoon and my parts came on Saturday at lunch time - totally amazing) but the shipping on a single item will kill ya unless you get the order up to $150 though - so go shoppin’!!!

39C41A39-8D05-4F63-A094-E1B759D7E142.png

Pete

Last edited:
Back