Newbie old fart workin on xs650 special US IMPORT

I bet you were grinnin' like a Cheshire cat when you picked it up. :D
Sorry... couldn't help myself.:rolleyes:
Welcome to the forum!! Has anyone mentioned we like pics.:)

Last edited:
Welcome to the party, chinny! You've landed on the world's greatest Xs650 website (if you haven't already figured that out! :wink2: )! Tell us all about your Xs (send pictures, we're nosy). Modifications, updates, upgrades, or bone-stock. We love 'em all! Restorations, resto-mods, choppers, bobbers, cafes, sidecar rigs.... Did anyone mention pictures? :laugh: Keep us updated with the work you're doing, your rides. And take lots of pictures! :doh: Again, welcome! Cheers! :cheers:

727B957A-AF07-40AF-9696-456D983B8BED.jpeg
A pic guys yep I was grinning when the guy delivers it it was more original then I’ve always been a customising nut

Yeah when it arrived it was standard but I felt I was sitting on top of the bike I think it comes from rideing chops so Seat had to go ,when she arrived carbs needed sorting ,kickstart spring was damaged one of the plug threads needed reaming out but she kicked over first time still fettling though thanks

Hi again ok the XS650 SF 1979 did it come in a drum rear brake and spoke wheels ,any info or a pic of the model would be great

The SF had mags and disks on both ends. Scroll to the bottom of the Tech section. I think there's some pics there.

Back