Newbie Pamco issues

77Dave

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a bike in the UK and found the previous owners details in the documents tray. Sent a letter to the address given and found that the guy had passed, sadly. I think a lot of you guys will remember Royboy. Well I have his 77D Restomod and I've been delighted with it, what a fantastically well sorted bike! I'll post up some recent pics of it here in (not so) sunny UK soon! (Must say that this forum has been an absolute goldmine for me already, I've been able to search through all of Royboy's posts relating to this bike and see it's progression throughout his ownership).
Everything has been peachy until recently when, out on a breakfast ride I came out of the cafe to head home, the bike fired, then died. Would not restart- no spark. I have found what I believe was the cause- loose battery terminals. Judging from what I've read on here this can have a habit of blowing the Pamco ignition.
Checked the coil and that seems ok, though I've bought a replacement just in case.
I've currently got the Pamco off the bike and need to check through a few things, firstly the hall effect sensor. My Pamco system is the V3.0 and the number on the sensor is G1A538.
I need a data sheet for this sensor but can't find anything on google. I'm waiting for a call back from Honeywell UK to see if they might be able to help but thought I'd ask the collective wisdom of this group also.
Does anyone know the specs on this part or know of an equivalent sensor that I might find a data sheet for.
Cheers,

Thanks Jim, but yes, I have already seen this. Although there is a load of useful info on that thread there is nothing specific to the hall effect sensor fitted to Pamco V3.0
Appreciated all the same.

1651830784033.png

Hall effect sensors are pretty easy to interface to. Now as to the long term viability of being mounted to the hot,shakey 650 cylinder head right above the spark plug with a glitchy power supply is a different question.

Post #6 in the link Jim posted has 3 links to problems with the board and fixes. Team Junk has listed one of them, the other 2 relate to bad or missing solderer on the wires going on to the board.................Need to scroll down on post #6

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a bike in the UK and found the previous owners details in the documents tray. Sent a letter to the address given and found that the guy had passed, sadly. I think a lot of you guys will remember Royboy. Well I have his 77D Restomod and I've been delighted with it, what a fantastically well sorted bike! I'll post up some recent pics of it here in (not so) sunny UK soon! (Must say that this forum has been an absolute goldmine for me already, I've been able to search through all of Royboy's posts relating to this bike and see it's progression throughout his ownership).
Everything has been peachy until recently when, out on a breakfast ride I came out of the cafe to head home, the bike fired, then died. Would not restart- no spark. I have found what I believe was the cause- loose battery terminals. Judging from what I've read on here this can have a habit of blowing the Pamco ignition.
Checked the coil and that seems ok, though I've bought a replacement just in case.
I've currently got the Pamco off the bike and need to check through a few things, firstly the hall effect sensor. My Pamco system is the V3.0 and the number on the sensor is G1A538.
I need a data sheet for this sensor but can't find anything on google. I'm waiting for a call back from Honeywell UK to see if they might be able to help but thought I'd ask the collective wisdom of this group also.
Does anyone know the specs on this part or know of an equivalent sensor that I might find a data sheet for.
Cheers,

Hi everyone,
Cheers,
Hi M8. We're you successful getting the G1A538 transistor. I need one.
Thx

Back