Next Bike, 2006 Stratoliner

Boog

Traveling Stroyteller
Top Contributor
Reaction score
A funny thing happened to me two weeks ago while talking to my older cousin in south Texas. He tells me about his newest bike, a 2006 Stratoliner and that it is too big for him. (He is 5' 3" and his feet barely tough the ground when he stands up). He tells me he dropped the bike at a stop sign, his old legs just can't hold it. "So, come and get your bike when you can" he says.

I am leaving Virginia in the morning, stopping in Columbia, TN to say hi to an Uncle, then hit Woodville, TX Sunday evening. I'll sort the diagonal loading of the bike into my Chevy Colorado pickup, catch up all day Monday, and repeat the trip home starting Tuesday morning. I'm quite lucky that my Uncle is within a couple of miles of being exactly half way. And quite lucky that my cousin likes me well enough to give me his bike.

Now I'll have a spare bike while I do some deep cleaning on my Rocket and while Rusty, my XS, is awaiting his turn to be tore down and rebuilt.

There is a dent he says in the tank now and you can see the fog light stock is now broke. Otherwise, it runs well.
2006 Strat.jpg

A funny thing happened to me two weeks ago while talking to my older cousin in south Texas. He tells me about his newest bike, a 2006 Stratoliner and that it is too big for him. (He is 5' 3" and his feet barely tough the ground when he stands up). He tells me he dropped the bike at a stop sign, his old legs just can't hold it. "So, come and get your bike when you can" he says.

I am leaving Virginia in the morning, stopping in Columbia, TN to say hi to an Uncle, then hit Woodville, TX Sunday evening. I'll sort the diagonal loading of the bike into my Chevy Colorado pickup, catch up all day Monday, and repeat the trip home starting Tuesday morning. I'm quite lucky that my Uncle is within a couple of miles of being exactly half way. And quite lucky that my cousin likes me well enough to give me his bike.

Now I'll have a spare bike while I do some deep cleaning on my Rocket and while Rusty, my XS, is awaiting his turn to be tore down and rebuilt.

There is a dent he says in the tank now and you can see the fog light stock is now broke. Otherwise, it runs well.
View attachment 170708

Wow! Very nice! I’ll bet you will like that bike!

Hi Boog very nice bike! I have a Yamaha Roadstar 1700 and have been a menber on the Roadstar Clinic for some time. Alot of R* guys have purchased a Liner over the years. Many have both a Liner and R*. Great bike and that engine is a beast. No wonder they kept it for the Raider, new Venture TC and Eluder. I love everything about that bike. Looks, engine, aluminum frame you will love it. It is a bit hard on gas but hey its a 1900cc bike! Good luck and great bike. JC

Hi Boog very nice bike! I have a Yamaha Roadstar 1700 and have been a menber on the Roadstar Clinic for some time. Alot of R* guys have purchased a Liner over the years. Many have both a Liner and R*. Great bike and that engine is a beast. No wonder they kept it for the Raider, new Venture TC and Eluder. I love everything about that bike. Looks, engine, aluminum frame you will love it. It is a bit hard on gas but hey its a 1900cc bike! Good luck and great bike. JC
I joined the VSTAR forum a few days ago and seem to be full of good people there. I have learned a lot already from them. It seems kindred spirits are always willing to help in one way or another.
And as far as mileage goes, yep, not a concern after riding a Rocket III for 74K miles. :cheers:

1900cc thats a big boy forsure..not for the faint of heart or weak in the limbs..LOL Locally I have a friend who rides one..its huge..i wonder if it has enough legroom for Gary....?

1900cc thats a big boy forsure..not for the faint of heart or weak in the limbs..LOL Locally I have a friend who rides one..its huge..i wonder if it has enough legroom for Gary....?
I'm not too worried about stepping down in size to a 1900cc powerplant, I do ride a Rocket III as my daily rider now. :)

That's great Boogs! Why not fly n ride? :sneaky:
@madmax-im Had a Roadie yeah she was comfortable. Even the early little 1600's have plenty of stump pulling torque.

That's great Boogs! Why not fly n ride? :sneaky:
@madmax-im Had a Roadie yeah she was comfortable. Even the early little 1600's have plenty of stump pulling torque.
I planned to fly and ride at first, but Pretty Pillion doesn't want me flying due to this pandemic, and I am not fully sure of the bikes history. It does have a decent amount of miles on it, 117K miles.

Just got it loaded and ready to head back home tomorrow for the 2 day trip back to Virginia.
The engine and transmission seems good.
Of note though, the tire guys screwed the previous owner on the last tire change. Keep in mind this is a 2006 bike with 117K miles. The front tire date code is 3303.
The previous owner that my cousin got the bike from is an elderly man and some unscrupulous jersey installed expired tires on the bike.

Back