No longer available, sorry. 4 Valve cover O-rings to your mailbox $10.00

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
My American vender got sold then they jacked up the price. Someone is selling "something like these"??? on Amazon.

Made of silicone, these o-rings are just a bit thicker than the OEM rings, great to replace flattened or broken o-rings to stop leaks, These fit all 4 covers that have the o-ring groove, Yamaha started fitting grooved covers in 1975. Grooved covers can be installed on early engines with no modification.

To install; remove the old o-rings and any traces of sealer from the groove. There are often some drips of clear coat on the flat surface of the valve cover, careful work with a razor blade will remove any drips.
Since these o-rings are nice and thick use a bit of lube to push them lightly into the groove. Install the cover and LIGHTLY and evenly snug the bolts to finish seating the o-ring into the groove. Do NOT overtighten the dome nuts in an attempt to bring the cover all the way to the head, it is likely there will be a small gap between the cover and head. This is fine, later, or at the next valve adjustment as the o-rings conform to the groove you may find the cover will finish drawing up all the way to the head.

USA buyers
PayPal.Me/gggary/10

International buyers

PayPal.Me/gggary/11

orings 005.jpg

orings 007.jpg
New o-ring lightly sitting on cover.

orings 016.jpg
O-ring lightly pushed into groove, push in a bit in several place around the cover, don't start and force it all the way from one point, that will "bunch up" the o-ring making it seem too long.

orings 010.jpg
Typical gap after tightening cover, DO NOT overtighten.

mc 001.jpg

An o-ring in a cover with 100 miles on it.

View attachment 59904

The new o-ring, an old factory o-ring, razor off any clear coat drips, old silicone from the cover and o-ring groove.

Last edited:
100's of sets shipped, and I have put on 8 sets myself, all reports have been good.....
Thanks to all who bought so far!

Last edited:
Looking forward to installing mine. Need to install a threaded insert in one of my valve cover stud holes, so I'll probably wait until that's done to put these O-rings on. Happy to have them!

OK as an experiment let's try the international shipping, Yes I will ship to both the UK AND Australia for the standard $10.00. Game on, if you decide to try this, report back here with delivery times? I will NOT do customs forms, these ship in a first class envelope, the mail will get through or it won't.

Shipping to Narnia and the planet Krypton at slight extra cost. Please include your quadrant coordinates.
Melmak is on the prohibited trade list, sorry I can not send items there.

OK as an experiment let's try the international shipping, Yes I will ship to both the UK AND Australia for the standard $10.00. Game on, if you decide to try this, report back here with delivery times? I will NOT do customs forms, these ship in a first class envelope, the mail will get through or it won't.

Shipping to Narnia and the planet Krypton at slight extra cost. Please include your quadrant coordinates.

:thumbsup:

You the man gary, 10 bucks to australia. Couldnt beat it with a stick.

Awesome dude! Payment sent! AFAIK if you stick it in an envelope, there SHOULD be no tax/duty charges, but we'll see.

I'll let you know!:thumbsup:

And they are off and running to the UK and Australia, the race is on. Thanks guys.

Back