No longer available, sorry. 4 Valve cover O-rings to your mailbox $10.00

5 sets shipped this week, more are ready to go.

DSCN2859.JPG

Hey Gary,
You still in the valve cover o ring bizz? If so I’d love to buy a set. Let me know, thanks!

Made of silicone, these o-rings are just a bit thicker than the OEM rings, great to replace flattened or broken o-rings to stop leaks, These fit all 4 covers that have the o-ring groove, Yamaha started fitting grooved covers in 1975. Grooved covers can be installed on early engines with no modification.

To install; remove the old o-rings and any traces of sealer from the groove. There are often some drips of clear coat on the flat surface of the valve cover, careful work with a razor blade will remove any drips.
Since these o-rings are nice and thick use a bit of lube to push them lightly into the groove. Install the cover and LIGHTLY and evenly snug the bolts to finish seating the o-ring into the groove. Do NOT overtighten the dome nuts in an attempt to bring the cover all the way to the head, it is likely there will be a small gap between the cover and head. This is fine, later, or at the next valve adjustment as the o-rings conform to the groove you may find the cover will finish drawing up all the way to the head.

USA buyers
PayPal.Me/gggary/10

International buyers

PayPal.Me/gggary/11

View attachment 29130

View attachment 29131
New o-ring lightly sitting on cover.

View attachment 29133
O-ring lightly pushed into groove, push in a bit in several place around the cover, don't start and force it all the way from one point, that will "bunch up" the o-ring making it seem too long.

View attachment 29132
Typical gap after tightening cover, DO NOT overtighten.

View attachment 29134

An o-ring in a cover with 100 miles on it.

View attachment 59904

The new o-ring, an old factory o-ring, razor off any clear coat drips, old silicone from the cover and o-ring groove.
Ok, so I'm new to this. I would like to purchase a set, but when I follow the link nothing happens. Can you walk me through this?
Orrilay

Ok, so I'm new to this. I would like to purchase a set, but when I follow the link nothing happens. Can you walk me through this?
Orrilay

See gggGary above, in post #107? Click on his avatar and then click on start a conversation. We call that a PM , or personal message. Tell Gary what you want, he’ll respond and ask for your address and you will pay him with PayPal. He will tell you how.
Then just wait for your o rings to arrive! They are well worth it!
Bob

I know this thread is 2 years old but does anybody know where can I get some of those o rings
Is there a supplier out there

Thanks to all who supported my little O-ring business. ;^) my American manufacturer got bought out, the new owners jacked the prices.
Ask 5twins, he found em cheaper somewhere, I'm out.
Sorry.
It was fun while it lasted, shipped several hundred sets, all over the USA and many went 'round the world. Peace.
This is what and where I was buying not sure they are still USA made. shrug.
https://mykin.com/orings/as568-229-silicone-70.html

Last edited:
Back