Normal Headflow Stock Head, The best?

Oldnwiser

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have stock headflow numbers @28? I’m curious, I have done the short side twist and the 3 angle valve job. I was wondering what the best stock head through the years might be? My bet is on the XS2. But I d like to see some bench numbers. I’d like wire a bike Kickstart only, nothing but minimal lights, maybe a single coil with two wires. I want to fabricate a long runner intake for a single carb that goes into the original battery box. I keyed a crank for a magneto with the lighting coil from an IT250 that worked great on my last bike. A 360 degree bobber with flat bars and low trees kept the rear frame but cut the double hoop off and made a flat seat, I had the Heritage Special laced spokes. It looked really good in Black. I was in a car wreck and broke my neck and had a skull fracture which is most of my sight went, and a few months later I fell and shattered my shoulder and arm. I can’t do what I used to, but we had to sell the bike. A shame because I really still love them.

Last edited:
I've read in more than one article, some where, some time, that the XS1 head was the only casting that was significantly better than the others. I have no documentation to back it up, only a sketchy memory.

Thank you very much! I really want an XS1 head! I can Devcon an XS2 head, but there is one spot I see that I can’t improve to that level I do hope that Jack can get XS1,head and rocker shaft cap.

Back