NOS Petcocks for late model XS650s - several sets available

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi, Gretel & Big Sue money pits.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy sports fans!

You have heard me and the late RobinC talk about our good friend Terry Wolfe of WolfeWorx motorcycle repair and machine shop in London, Ontario. Terry is a superb mechanic, an expert machinist and an all-around good guy. I was into Terry’s shop the other day and he told me that he has run across a stash of NOS OEM XS650 parts. He has things like cables and goodness knows what else ...and... he has about 5-6 sets of genuine Yamaha petcocks for late model XS650s. I should be able to get a more complete listing of the whole stash in due course, but for now, Terry would like to sell off his stock of petcocks (I have bought one set of petcocks - so far).

He tells me that some of the cables are grey...so early bike owners - stay tuned.

As I said, Terry has about five more sets of petcocks and he is asking $180 Canadian plus shipping for each pair (i.e. two petcocks in a set). As I said, I bought a set for Robin’s 1978 bike and I might even splurge on a set for the ‘77 XS750 tank that I am using for the ‘81 Special-to-cafe conversion. These are brand new parts - still in the factory packaging.

Now, $180 Canadian is about $135 USD and shipping will be what shipping will be. That is a fair bit more costly than a pair of aftermarket petcocks. Are the real Yamaha parts worth it - well, I’ve had enough grief with leaking aftermarket petcocks, that for Robin’s nice ‘78E Standard, I want OEM stuff that (hopefully) will not leak.

Terry can be contacted at the WolfeWorx shop: (519) 680-1122

The shop is open 9-5:30 EST Mon-Fri and Terry is normally there. As I have said, Terry knows what he is talking about and is a straight arrow.

FULL DISCLOSURE: Terry is a friend of mine and he was a good friend of Robin too.

Note that these are vacuum petcocks with the wider spaced mounting holes (47 mm centre-to-centre) so they do NOT fit non-vacuum petcock tanks as found on pre-‘78 bikes. There is a left and right unit that make up a set. Here are the part numbers: 2MO-24510-04 and 2MO-24500-04 (I’m not sure which is right and which is left).

A couple of photos are below:
FF3E8EA7-09CB-448D-996F-B60A3A3BBF92.jpeg

0B7162EB-0191-4E1A-964A-B76F212F2BB0.jpeg

82EB5C55-1381-4505-8F26-3FFD71CA45BC.jpeg

Last edited:
$180 CDN plus the ride from London (that’s about $12.42 USD).

Just kidding - it’s about $135 USD.

Pete

Howdy sports fans!

You have heard me and the late RobinC talk about our good friend Terry Wolfe of WolfeWorx motorcycle repair and machine shop in London, Ontario. Terry is a superb mechanic, an expert machinist and an all-around good guy. I was into Terry’s shop the other day and he told me that he has run across a stash of NOS OEM XS650 parts. He has things like cables and goodness knows what else ...and... he has about 5-6 sets of genuine Yamaha petcocks for late model XS650s. I should be able to get a more complete listing of the whole stash in due course, but for now, Terry would like to sell off his stock of petcocks (I have bought one set of petcocks - so far).

He tells me that some of the cables are grey...so early bike owners - stay tuned.

As I said, Terry has about five more sets of petcocks and he is asking $180 Canadian plus shipping for each pair (i.e. two petcocks in a set). As I said, I bought a set for Robin’s 1978 bike and I might even splurge on a set for the ‘77 XS750 tank that I am using for the ‘81 Special-to-cafe conversion. These are brand new parts - still in the factory packaging.

Now, $180 Canadian is about $135 USD and shipping will be what shipping will be. That is a fair bit more costly than a pair of aftermarket petcocks. Are the real Yamaha parts worth it - well, I’ve had enough grief with leaking aftermarket petcocks, that for Robin’s nice ‘78E Standard, I want OEM stuff that (hopefully) will not leak.

Terry can be contacted at the WolfeWorx shop: (519) 680-1122

The shop is open 9-5:30 EST Mon-Fri and Terry is normally there. As I have said, Terry knows what he is talking about and is a straight arrow.

FULL DISCLOSURE: Terry is a friend of mine and he was a good friend of Robin too.

Note that these are vacuum petcocks with the wider spaced mounting holes (47 mm centre-to-centre) so they do NOT fit non-vacuum petcock tanks as found on pre-‘78 bikes. There is a left and right unit that make up a set. Here are the part numbers: 2MO-24510-04 and 2MO-24500-04 (I’m not sure which is right and which is left).

A couple of photos are below:
View attachment 153571
View attachment 153570
View attachment 153572
Hi I'm probably late to the party but I was if Terry still has any of these petcocks left I have a 79 xs650se and would love to buy a set I tried calling Terry but Verizon is telling me I'm dialing the number wrong thank you very much jjlenard@gmail.com

Back