Not the <[ MAILMAN ]> but a 72 restoration article

I'd say the research left a bit to be desired.
Ya think?
Published a few months ago.... "Somehow, while older Hondas have acquired a following, Yamaha 650 twins from the 1970s can still be bought for a song. That isn’t to say that people don’t love them or that they are bad motorcycles, just that they have not become collectible — yet."
:doh:

It was an interesting story though, at first I thought it was one I read years ago, but it was from spring of this year.

“ Rotors are the most common failure in the system. Aftermarket rotors are available, but are not recommended.
650Central has rewinds.”

And ahem……so does Jim. ;)

Guys,
I recently realized that there was this old Japanese bike brand Yamaha. There was a non collectable bike in their line up called the xs650. There is only 1 person in America that knows anything about them. Parts are hard to come by, maybe why it was so unpopular in the 70s. 2 dweebs restored their grandfather's xs650, and it's a miracle! Too bad no one else knows about these bikes, so that's why I ran home and did no real research and cobbled up this story.

There is only 1 person in America that knows anything about them. Parts are hard to come by,
Not sure where you are coming from. No disrespect intended.

The article reads like these bikes are not popular and only a handful of people know much about them. It seems to be written recently so they obviously didnt really research the topic.
What I wrote was sarcastic.

Back