Nothing like being inspired...

BluzPlayer

I wanna Rock n Roll All Night...
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Out in my shop after drooling over the Crimson Corner of @Mailman's immaculate shop....
I have realized that I now have another addition to the never ending "to do" list that grows faster than grass over a septic system.
I thought my pegboard looked good but now when I look at it all I see is pegboard. I used to think I had a looker, but I realize it needs a makeover. After gazing upon our Mailman's prom queen pegboard; my own seems more and more like Miss Peggy. Going to take a little more than lipstick but I think it is going to turn out A-ok.
Since that gorgeous red has been taken I guess I will go a different direction. As I said in my introduction, I am originally from Florida and transplanted into the Mississippi mud.
As they say, you can take the boy out of Florida but you can't take the Florida out of the boy. I will always be a Gator fan. In fact my son lives in Gainesville. Anyone that viewed my music room in the music thread may have noticed the logo.
I think I will paint one on my pegboard. I am thinking I might need something besides white as the background.... I'll figure it out.
I believe I still have the paints I used before, so maybe get away with little or no cost...
Pic of my "Plain Jane Miss Peggy" as well as the logo which I intend to center on the board. Should be happening soon. Then I have to get the other 90% of the shop up to speed... Lol.

Attachments

• 20220210_205119~2.jpg
    20220210_205119~2.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220210_204927~3.jpg
    20220210_204927~3.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
View attachment 207173

Tough competition. My REALLY ugly one got cleaned up when I moved into the new shop.

I'm so ashamed...
I was thinking DE can't come close, cuz a REAL peg board snafu takes YEARS to metastasize into it's highest order of being.
My pegboard came with my wife and house twenty three years ago.

I was thinking DE can't come close, cuz a REAL peg board snafu takes YEARS to metastasize into it's highest order of being.
My pegboard came with my wife and house twenty three years ago.
tools1.jpg
tools2.jpg

Wellllll...

The one in my garage went up when the garage was built in 1992. It got pretty crowded by the time I built my new shop 29 years later.

Sorry Bluz...
View attachment 207170
Pm for my address to ship the prize
:hump:
Lol... GggGary.
You too crazy.
The wild thing about that picture is that I believe you can go straight to anything you need; most likely faster than Miss Peggy will give up the goods to me.
Give me a few more years and I'll get there.... I believe it's my destiny.
Still I can take peeks of the pin up model and dream... Thanks to @the Mailman. He always delivers.

Last edited:
View attachment 207176View attachment 207177
Wellllll...

The one in my garage went up when the garage was built in 1992. It got pretty crowded by the time I built my new shop 29 years later.
Got some really nice equipment to work with DE. From your posts it is apparent you get your money's worth out of them. Nice shop.
If that's the old shop I would love to see the new one.

@Downeaster
Wow.
Really really nice.
That was a great read.
Surprised I never dug into before.
My shop was already built and one of the key reasons I bought the house. I'm trying to get it to become more user friendly with the additional equipment I am adding.
Most of my stuff is on wheels so I can move the footprint of the floor space as needed. Built the vapor blasting cabinet and now working on a powder coat oven. That got put on hold. My cheap chinatown welder lived up to the reputation. I've bought cheap tools that still are working for me and if they die tomorrow they were worth every penny and then some. Unfortunately I don't think I can say that about my welder. I've done a good bit of things with it. But I can't say I feel satisfied with the product.
I'm only a hobby welder so I can't see myself dropping the coin for a nice miller or lincoln. After a great deal of researching I am hopeful that my my replacement fairs better. Probably made by the dead machines first cousin. Maybe I got lucky and found a bigger stronger and more importantly more durable version. Time will tell. Ordered it 3 days ago. It arrived this evening.
Test drive tomorrow when I get back on the powder coat oven structure. Congrats on your shop. Looks like all the hard work will be paying off for many years to come.

Well I finally got around to finishing "Miss Peggy's" makeover. Not as meticulous as the board that inspired me by @Mailman.
But it isn't a competition. I love that I can find so many things in this forum to inspire me.
Motorcycles and otherwise.
Anyways... not the plan I originally had but I couldn't find the paints for the Gator logo and didn't want to spend any money.
Since my shop is where I work on my bike, I decided to look toward it for inspiration.
Well I named the build the Punisher so I'm guessing you get the idea. Before and after pics.
20220222_122450.jpg
20220223_152555.jpg

I'm not a fan of skulls or that brand but, it is well done. Kudos to you.

Thank you @azman857.
Appreciate the kind words.
I realize it's not for everybody.
I love Marvel comics and the Punisher
seems like a great theme for a hardtail.
I'm old school and prefer the simple original logo.
Don't really care for the lastest updated versions.
Walking into the shop and seeing this feeds my drive into overdrive to work on the project.
More coming on that soon.

Back