November "Specials"only Stock and resto mod Contest

Ha, yes I had to go to your old 650rider album for the picture.
I thought the red looked professional. What is the new color? I look and think black, no a dark green, no black, no..........
You've kept it "show room new" for sure.

The colour is Ford Aspen Green.............very dark, similar to British Racing Green.

I nominate rgknott. His bike is an excellent example of a "Special".

edit:
Oops...................just noticed he has 0 posts, so would be ineligible.

edit:
Nov.7................nomination removed.

Attachments

• rgknott 78 SE.jpg
    rgknott 78 SE.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Retiredgentleman I should have known that. I live in Ford country.

@scrambled Thanks but even if it was for Standards she doesn't get exercised enough to quailify. Less than 2K miles this year :(
But it's OK. I take it out on the one in my avatar which started life like my son and little brides(with the red piping) bikes, but we will all agree isn't special any more.

Attachments

• Green County Shriners poker run  08 (19).jpg
    Green County Shriners poker run 08 (19).jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 417
yeah, like I said guys SSERES has a sweet looking special... I was blown away 1st time I saw it, the yamarumph logos are great! never really thought I would say a special was drool worthy.

Retiredgentleman re; rgknott, a picture is a post isn't it? Whew is that ever clean. contact him let him know he's on here?

full

I accept the nomination(Edit scrambled up to late) the second weekendrider, thanks for the p.m. weekenrider and posting the picture ggGary
I will get some updated pictures up and some history.
Looks like today may be the last ride/commute of the Season. Snow is coming they say.
65deg today though!

Last edited:
You are welcome Blue. Wasn't sure you would just happen across Scrambled's nomination and the second. I think we have 3 for the contest now?

gggGary, yes I have a special but none that quailify.

Retiredgentleman re; rgknott, a picture is a post isn't it? Whew is that ever clean. contact him let him know he's on here?

full

Gary, I think we should go by the "rules". If rgknott had at least 10 posts, he would have qualified, but we need to be fair to those who post somewhat regularly. Bad choice on my part.

No I get it, I'm OK with rgknott not qualifying, but YOUR special (the one on the right in the photo) looks like it qualifies for the contest. I try really hard not to nominate or second but I think that bike looks like contest material and I am throwing it up here for someone to nominate.

full

No I get it, I'm OK with rgknott not qualifying, but YOUR special (the one on the right in the photo) looks like it qualifies for the contest. I try really hard not to nominate or second but I think that bike looks like contest material and I am throwing it up here for someone to nominate.

full

That's not my bike in the picture.....................is that weekendriders bike? Scrambled has already nominated Weekendriders Special. If that is Weekendrider's Special, I will second that nomination.

I guess I didn't officially accept my nomination.................Gary, I accept the nomination:)

I get SO confused, I'm always mixin' yoose toose guys up....
Alright one more nom and second, WR accept this OK? Oh and more pics and some story please.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
That 83 SK doesn't belong to me. But I've let the owner tag along for 34 yrs cause his mamas purty.
Agreed someone needs to second RoyBoys bike.

Last edited:
Best I can tell this is where we stand.
To keep it level for everyone(and make it easier to tally). PLEASE only one nomination and second per member.
We need 2 more or 1 3/4 since RoyBoy is already nominated.
COME'ON GUYS it isn't that hard I can think of at least 4 other Special members without looking.
If you are new and don't know us yet I suggest looking in the albums, the Let's see the XS's sticky in the garage or any one of the many ride threads. If you find one that catchs your eye, tickles your fancy or you think is a canidate click on the users profile to check their statistics, remember they have to accept to be in the running. So you've found a nomination and posted NOW send the member a pm letting them KNOW they've been nominated. I'd imagine there are members that never open this thread so let them know. If you really want to campaign for them send some pm's to get their bike seconded.
Like self government this only works if you want it to.

Anyone notice any discrepancy in my numbers PLEASE post up. I may have missed the boat someplace.
Good Luck to the contestants.

Retiredgentleman
nominated post 5
second post 7
accept post 9

SSERES
nominated post 12
second post 13
accepted post 15

Blue900
nominated post 18
second post 24