Sold / Found / Inactive - Looking for misc. parts for my 69 XS1 engine

Bump for the possibility of finding that correct side cover. Here's what I'm working with now that I got those brand new Mikunis

Attachments

• 20230317_141548.jpg
    20230317_141548.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 66
What`s in the background with the Torq Thrust mags??
It's my dad's 1970 El Camino 454.

It was my dad's racecar back in the day. He gave it to me a few years ago when I was moving and in the middle of my own hotrod and chopper projects. It was all rusted out and hadn't been touched in 28yrs. My mom was afraid of it since it's scary fast and only caused trouble so when my brother and I were born he put it up along with his Norton Commando. So I got it running and restored it, then I gave it back. Now we're currently swapping the dash out for an all black interior and doing a bunch of small mods here and there

I was thinking how badass that wagon is gonna be with that engine mounted to it…
That's my Radio Flyer! I've had this thing since I was born. If people are converting Harleys into trikes and swapped into VWs, I don't see why I couldn't make a 4-wheeled Yammie haha

Attachments

• 20190422_181644.jpg
    20190422_181644.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 50
Looks damn good! I've got matching Torq Thrusts like your mags on my squarebody.
20211008_185921 (2).jpg

I absolutely love El Caminos. My dad, uncles, and grandpa owned quite a few of them, almost every model from 64-85. I'd really like to get my hands on a 59 or 60 someday.

And thanks for the link! I'm gonna add mine to it in a sec

I`ve owned every El Camino except a 1973. I see your in Monterey Ca. I sold some of my Go Kart`s to a guy named Don Orosco. He owned Monterey Speed Sport. Great guy.:thumbsup:

Ya Don was a big name out here, I've heard nothing but good things about him. He came to Pebble Beach more than a few times in the late 90s-early 2000s when I still used to go to carshows with my family as a kid

Bump with an update!

I scored a good inexpensive 74 LH side cover but it's missing everything. I did drill out the dowel pin for the lower bolt hole though and it's gonna work perfectly. Now I'm looking for its parts if anyone has them lying around:

- The allen-head bolts
- Alternator cover (condition doesn't matter)
- Clutch pushrod adjuster and its little chrome pop-off cover
- 18" rear WM wheel

Last edited:
Also looking for XS1 front mounts

I found NOS front mounts and one rear mount at CMS in the Netherlands. They arrived a few days ago, three days after I ordered them. If they don't currently show in stock on their site, just make a watchlist, and wait for them to be restocked and automatically notified when they have done so. They are a class I act.

https://www.cmsnl.com/

I found NOS front mounts and one rear mount at CMS in the Netherlands. They arrived a few days ago, three days after I ordered them. If they don't currently show in stock on their site, just make a watchlist, and wait for them to be restocked and automatically notified when they have done so. They are a class I act.

https://www.cmsnl.com/
Awesome, appreciate you bro!

Yeah, I must give props to cmsnl.com; generally cheaper than partzilla, lots of parts for older bikes in stock and shipping arrives often sooner than stateside vendors.👍

Back