Nuther new guy......

Member267

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I just joined the group and thought I had better say " HI ". Just picked up another XS650 after being without one for several years. I am here in Northern California, Not the Bay area, I mean the real Northern California around Eureka, CA. I hope this picture thingy works ( if not http://www.bikepics.com/members/johnmw/75xs650/ ). This is the project I picked up on eBay. Runs strong, just been sitting for years, since 1997. It just needs lots of little things, like there are lots of oil leaks, rusty tank, dead carbs, rotted tires ( they are new, just rotted from sitting ) brake work and some electric issues. Gotta get rid of that white, maybe Metalic Silver or something bright ( metalSpecs Red ).

Ideas:confused: ??

Thanks

John

bikepics-1861461-full.jpg

Last edited:
Hey welcome to the site! What are your plans for the bike? Just to get it running and in good working condition or something crazy? I think silver is a better color unless it's a candy red. :twocents:

Welcome and glad you could join us.

This is a really cool forum, alot of very knowledgeable people here.
Lot of fun too!
I agree the white has to go!
What year is that bike??
Have fun with it and keep us posted!

- whats wrong with white?...its kinda different...my Norton JPS is that 'driven snow' white from factory...dont like the graphics tho

That is a 1975 " B ". Plans at the moment are .............. Get it running dependably and stop all the oil leaks, then tear it down and do a repaint. Not a full restoration, just a neat clean dependable bike.

Definitely will keep you posted.

John

Welcome! The options are endless...you'll see many restored, cafe'd, or bobbed xs's here. its an awesome platform to build any kind of bike you like or leave it stock and ride forever.

- whats wrong with white?

Very few white bikes look good in my opinion. It's a hard color to pull off, like making a copper colored bike look good. Except for this one... (the girl helps too)

Attachments

• trike.jpg
    trike.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 235
- replace the gold yamaha with a small black 8 ball and i would ride it

- yes the black sets the coppertone off well...wheres the bike?

- hans prost did some nice brass colour detailing on his bike 'back to basixs'

P6140013.jpg

Back