October "build thread" nominations (previously Sept)

My bike might not be the awesomest, and only 98% "finished", but I think I've put enough work into my build thread to be invited to this party. :laugh: So, per gggGary's recent rule adjustment, I'd like to nominate my own thread...

From start...

2011-11-06_12-51-19_401.jpg

...to "finished" (well, on the road at least!)...

2012-07-17_17-48-41_788.resized.jpg

...with almost everything in between.

Last edited:
Second Osteoderm's nominations.
I hadn't looked at the thread. Was I missing out.
Thanks for the thread and fab lessons.
Very innovative. You've managed to take a mild mid-sized bike and make it look
like one super power house! For this your sins with the sawzall are forgiven.
I'm only a couple of pages into your thread so if this covered tell me to.......
read the thread. What is the weight now? Also I'm not familiar with this type of riding
but is the rear too light now?
Good luck with the voting!

Second Osteoderm's nominations.
I hadn't looked at the thread. Was I missing out.
Thanks for the thread and fab lessons.
Very innovative. You've managed to take a mild mid-sized bike and make it look
like one super power house! For this your sins with the sawzall are forgiven.
I'm only a couple of pages into your thread so if this covered tell me to.......
read the thread. What is the weight now? Also I'm not familiar with this type of riding
but is the rear too light now?
Good luck with the voting!

Thanks! I'm happy to answer your questions, but I'll move this back over to my build thread, as not to hijack this one...

My bike might not be the awesomest, and only 98% "finished", but I think I've put enough work into my build thread to be invited to this party. :laugh: So, per gggGary's recent rule adjustment, I'd like to nominate my own thread...

From start...

2011-11-06_12-51-19_401.jpg

...to "finished" (well, on the road at least!)...

2012-07-17_17-48-41_788.resized.jpg

...with almost everything in between.

Sorry my bad I totally forgot about this one.... I would like to change my nomination...lol

What a kick ass built thread ! and with results that makes my eyes water.... :thumbsup:

The September XSOTM contest got a late start so September got skipped. This thread is now the nomination thread for October. Once we get our 5 bikes, the voting thread will be posted and we'll have a decent amount of time for voting. The XSOTM contest will more than likely become a bi-montly event.

I think we are about there, I will do the ballot thread after Sunday (Slimy Crud run) anyone want to check to be sure we have 5 that are qualified?

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5734&highlight=build+thread nominated post#2
Wes's 2nd post 7

RpNsht nominated post #6
2nd post #18 + 20

osteroderm nominated post#21
second post #24

kvanderploeg nominated post #29
second post#30 and 33?

Alfredos nominated post #10
second post #28

gggGary I think that adds up to 5.
Anyone see anything wrong or if I missed someone post up.

Back