Offline for awhile

grizld1

Grumpy old man
Top Contributor
Reaction score
My Internet service failed Thursday night, and Frontier Communications may not have it back up till 7/9. Great service, standards, huh? (And no, they're not blaming it on a region-wide mess). I'm posting this from a Wi-Fi hot spot at a local cafe, but won't be posting again until my own service is restored (security concerns). Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors, happy Independence Day to all in these Untied States of Anxiety.

My Internet service failed Thursday night, and Frontier Communications may not have it back up till 7/9. Great service, standards, huh? (And no, they're not blaming it on a region-wide mess). I'm posting this from a Wi-Fi hot spot at a local cafe, but won't be posting again until my own service is restored (security concerns). Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors, happy Independence Day to all in these Untied States of Anxiety.
Looking forward to your return,
from this citizen of the Untied States of Anxiety

Bleck. Frontier. Around my area Frontier makes up all the copper lines that Verizon is so desperate to shed. Rural areas that are in desperate need to be replaced.

Cancelled Frontier service and got a satellite dish installed today. Seems to be working fine. Frontier and Windstream have the same business model--low overhead (kept low by delivering substandard service) supporting high dividend payouts. I'd already ditched Frontier's phone service; they performed below mid-70's 3rd world standard, and I'm not exaggerating. Phone service in Iran during my time there (8/75-2/79) was far superior. Anyhoo, I'm baaaack....

Last edited:
Welcome back !
We are receiving you.

upload_2018-7-5_20-11-13.jpeg

And was good to see you at The Ozarks rally. Didn't get to say good by as you kinda vaporized Sat night, and I got an early start Sunday

Backatcha, Gary, always great to see you. Fitting a 40 year old bike with major performance mods and a bunch of custom fabricated parts and having it deliver trouble free performance on a long distance run was a serious tour de force. You cleared the bar at record height, and I'm thinking that record's gonna stand.

Back