Old Brown

How do you spell rabbit hole ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 12.17.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 12.17.39 PM.png
    781.1 KB · Views: 105
Everything Pete has to say about his Beamer applies to my brick. Fast, 540 pounds all of it low to the ground. Throttle like a rheostat. RS has just enough fairing and windshield to work but not be intrusive.

Bing carbs....simple, easy to fix and reliable. Plus, no second mortgage needed if you need spares.
The Bing's are nice. When I rebuilt the ones on my 83 RT I needed a new throttle shaft. No problem to get. BMW still sells all the parts for them. Years ago had to replace a diaphragm on my 79. No problem 4 screws and it comes off the slide. They may not be a "performance" carb but they work well for normal use. My KTM had a Bing on it (different style than BMW used), it also worked very well. Way better than the Lectron that came on my last Penton. In fact the Lectron on the Penton got replaced with a Bing after 1 year and 6 pistons.

Just goes to show. Check them grounds.

A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1 . The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.
4.. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning...
Just thought you'd like to know

Dogbunny can probably can fill in more of the details but he told me he bought the pipes that way. No baffles. When he first cranked it up I was surprised at how quiet it was. I can tell you the bike idles and runs down the road very well.

This was at the Texas Fandango that 2many talked about last year. That photo was taken just as we were parking. The funny thing was there was at the very least a 1000 bikes parked along that roadway but people stopped and gawked and pointed at the 650's.

The sand drags were fun to watch and a 650 made it to the final. We talked to the owner and he is a member here.

As we were leaving we wandered through the swap meet. I spotted the remains of a bike I had only seen one of before. A 250cc kawa triple. As I was talking to the owner I looked into a plastic tub next to the bike and did a double take. A TXA cinnamon brown side cover with the latch. Called DB over to check the rest of the stuff while I made a deal the owner. Then DB shows up with a armful of 256 parts. We both made out very well. Owner said that they came off a bike he converted to a tracker.

Last edited:
Ground clamp coil mount. Don't remember who posted this originally but worked like a champ for me.

TXA is hard to mount coils because the oem mounts slope at a angle. Had to do some grinding to fit the rear one between a frame gusset and the original coil mount.

coil mount final.jpg

Back