Old Brown

Braved the cold and went out before sunrise to power up the indicator led. Good light output but won't be distracting bright at night.

Received this e-mail from Williams this morning.

Godspeed Sir Frank

28/11/2021
A STATEMENT FROM WILLIAMS RACING
“The Williams Racing team is truly saddened by the passing of our founder Sir Frank Williams. Sir Frank was a legend and icon of our sport. His passing marks the end of an era for our team and for the sport of Formula 1. He was one of a kind and a true pioneer. Despite considerable adversity in his life, he led our team to 16 World Championships making us one of the most successful teams in the history of the sport. His values including integrity, teamwork and a fierce independence and determination, remain the core ethos of our team and are his legacy, as is the Williams family name under which we proudly race. Our thoughts are with the Williams family at this difficult time.”

Jost Capito, CEO and Team Principal

Click here to see a tribute to Sir Frank Williams.

IMG_20211128_143350522.jpg

That is a stock 76 stand on top..¹ the bend is factory and now I see why I never like that stand cuz it always felt like if the bike rolled forward it was going to fall off of it.I thinking that I like the 750 stand better.

I smoke the full flavor red and whites. When my girlfriend runs out and gets desperate she will bum one from me. She doesn't like mine because they knock her flat on her back for half an hour. I don't mind her smoking one of mine
I have smoked most of my life and it is catching up with me now. Do what you want but consider moderating or quitting. I go to my brother's place about noon each day and steal 3 of his. 3 months ago I would have been through 10 or 15 cigs by noon. I will not preach, I only say I should have been smarter or stronger...

I did this on a bike , XJ650RJ, and it seemed I had lost pressure after a long afternoon in the twisties.
These are XJ700 X forks so are pretty similar to the XJ650 forks. I think it is a max of 10 PSI if memory serves but the springs are stiff for the weight of the 650 vs. the 700 so I doubt I'll be pumping them up.

Side stand redux.
Old Brown sits a little taller with the longer forks . XS750 stand top 76 stand bottom. The extra length helps in my situation. A little welding with fix the angle of the dangle.

upload_2021-12-7_20-18-31.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 2.34.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 2.34.05 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
n contrast, my 1983 R100RS is 502 lbs, it has nearly the same range on 23 litres of fuel plus it also has a shaft drive, though it is still a tad tall and it doesn't have reverse. However, I can back it up a slight slope and it wouldn't kill me to pick it up should it have a lie-down at low speed. In addition, setting valves is even easier on the Bimmer than it is on an XS650 and the thing is a really neat ride with amazingly good wind and rain protection.

Pete

There are times I should quickly pass by stuff I shouldn't look at and it seems every time I'm here lately I see something about Beemers . The hulk of my K100 stares at me as I go by it on my way to the barn. It died a slow death of expensive visits to BMW for fuel injection problems. Fuel injection well before the turn of the century was still pretty mysterious but now I think I can scrounge parts for it. It is all Bosch stuff . I have a line on a fuel tank. Don't know how I will explain this to the wife other than it's the best 2 up bike I've ridden.

Back