Old nuts, new(er) nuts

Yes, slotted. I don't have any pics but maybe gggGary does? I think the early exhaust studs were 8mm, later ones were 10mm.

Just checked an XS1B motor I have sitting around and yes, 8mm exhaust studs. Checked my later bikes too, they are 10mm.

All 3 hole valve covers have 6mm studs, the left front 4 hole cover got bigger 8mm studs.

@5twins Long shot I know but I don’t suppose you have an old 8mm exhaust laying around you could show me the dimensions of?

I removed mine from my head and can’t find them again for the life of me!

Well, I have them but they're still mounted in the head, lol. So, I couldn't give you a total length but I could give the measurement of how much sticks out of the head, if that would help.

Well, I have them but they're still mounted in the head, lol. So, I couldn't give you a total length but I could give the measurement of how much sticks out of the head, if that would help.
I guess if I just copy the dimensions of a 10mm stud but shrink the diameter I should be all good?

I ordered a stud claiming to be from an XS1 off eBay but it was 10mm, most seem to be.

Daniel.

Back