Oldskoolcarbs

bluebikerblan

Geezer
Reaction score
Sometime back, you may recall that I mentioned that I had 5 sets of carbs to do "this winter" (now last winter I hope). Well, that didn't go so hot this year, old Mr. Arthur C. Itis came for a long hard visit. (I was never very good at it anyway) So, I ended up sending some work to a rebuilder I had heard of on the 650garage.... Rick West of OLDSKOOLCARBS, Rock Hill, SC.

There's a listing of a set of his BS-34's up for sale on eBay right now. If you scroll through his listing, you'll see that he has the BS 38's (types I & II) displayed as well as the BS 34's featured in some of the photos.

I have 3 sets of 77 D's (type I) carbs with him at present which are probably among those being shown. So far, I've been delighted in working with him, he's meticulous, conscientious and reliable. I look forward to getting the carbs next week.

Thought you might like to see some of his work, which I think is super. I've yet to get to that 'proof of the pudding part'. I'd cross my fingers....if I could.

Here's the BS 34 listing just on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...ryZ35574QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know that most all of you prefer to do your own carbs and fortunately we have tons of great info. and council to guide those efforts. But to be frank; I can't come close to this quality.

Best, Blue

Last edited:
Damn those do look nice. Looks like he got $225 for the last set of XS BS34's that sold and he gets $300+ for the triple and 4 cylinder sets. They all look very clean! What does he charge when you send him a set to clean and make pretty?

Travis....I really can't say for sure because my agreement with him included some parts cores, kits & supplies that he accepted in trade plus cash (facing reality I gave up on carb rebuilding...old hands and eyes) Winging it.....my best guess....$150 per set plus parts if needed, plus return shipping. Better ask him.

1536 Glasscock Rd.
Rock Hill, SC 29730 ph 803 417 5917 email: rick690@msn.com

Naa, like you said, I'd rather do my own. Just asking for future reference when someone else needs someone to do their carbs. Thanks for the info though.

Hooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiholeeeeeee batman. Those look *so* mint!

Also, now i want to paint my carbs black. Dammit.

Back