One Mans Junk.... '72 CS5E (RD200) Build.

I don't think they bent you over just passed on what FedEx charged. If you would have bought a few more things it would not have looked so expensive.
When I order from British Bike Bits they only use DHL to ship to the states. Never have had a order be less than $60, some were $150+ for shipping. But they got to me in 2-3 days. Shipping charges suck but cheaper than going and getting it myself.

Holy crap!! Yambits bent me over on shipping costs... but order on Tue and get it on Fri..... Damn!! :cheers:

View attachment 219642

If it makes you feel better I was quoted by UPS $756 to ship a gas tank to the Netherlands.

Probably could have hopped a flight cheaper haha.

Shipping is getting expensive quick.

If it makes you feel better I was quoted by UPS $756 to ship a gas tank to the Netherlands.

Probably could have hopped a flight cheaper haha.

Shipping is getting expensive quick.
It is. Just shipped a tank to Tenn. UPS... 50 bucks.
...and we won't talk about the cost of Jessee's tank to Conn. :yikes:

Holy crap!! Yambits bent me over on shipping costs... but order on Tue and get it on Fri..... Damn!! :cheers:

View attachment 219642
It ain't gonna' get better any time soon. Last year Evercoat Rage Ultra body filler $42 gal. Last month ,$80, this week $108.

When I was restoring my Sherpa T, I bought lots of parts from In Motion in GB...they kill you on the VAT tax. But, they had almost every part in their catalog and I got them in 10 days.

I went to HD for a few things the other day as well and would sure like to know when a tube of silicone went up to $15
Truth be told, Yamaha, Honda et al probably do the same. If it has (name your brand) on the label it must be better. But, also there is the one stop convenience. Imagine losing that franchise and having to go another 10, 20, 30 miles.

It`s been 2+ years ago I bought a 5gal of Napa`s house brand bottom of the line lacquer thinner to use as a clean up thinner. It was 34.40 before tax. I just looked at the local Napa web site and now it`s a mere 136.99 before tax.:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Starter/Generator armature needs to come off to replace crank seals....

1660762702324.png

Manual calls for a special tool. Don't have one....

Untitled.png

I do have a drill press though. M-10.9 bolt.... tough stuff.
Tried a smaller bolt for the pin... bent the crap out of it.
Tried an allen wrench cut down.... sweet!!

1660762927761.png

Works....

1660762975180.png

Last edited:
Another piece of the puzzle showed up today. 30 bucks to my door.
Surprisingly, the bearing still feels good and the sprocket's worn but usable.
I was just after the carrier. Good sprocket and bearing is a bonus. :smoke:

1661475500940.png

1661475528110.png

Back