Online source for wiring diagrams?

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for a B, C or D wiring diagram and an E diagram. Something more legible than the manual.
I'm trying to integrate 1975 controls (B, C or D...the digram should be the same) into a 1978 wiring harness (E model, NOT SE). I'd like to have a copy of each I could print out and use to trace wires and combine the two.

Well, I tried saving and printing the "B" diagram, but it's unreadable when I print it out at full page size.
Where can I find the diagrams I need?

Yes that is a problem with Travis's program when you try to save the pics. Go to Jayals album and down load the wiring diagram from there

Where is Jayal's album?
And is the D wiring the same as an E (1977 and 1978)? Note: there is a 78 E and a 78 SE, I need the standard wiring diagram.

This is what i had to do to find Jayals album..........Find the members name and click onto that and it will bring up their profile and go into albums....Or go into the members list and find the name you are looking for.

I take it that the '77 and '78 (D and E) models are the same?
I can't find an E diagram anywhere. I can find an SE, but there's a difference. In '78 there was an E and an SE.

It looks like everything on the '75 will plug right into the '78 harness from the engine back. Most of the stuff up front will plug right in but there are a few minor differences...mostly in the gauges and stuff. Having these two diagrams side by side will make it easy to combine the two.

Really? My manual has two different diagrams. One big difference is that the E had only one fuse and the SE had multiple fuses.

The D/E/F have the rear brake lining warning light in the rev-counter and the neutral light is on the instrument dash.............The TXA and XSB has the same instrument cluster and the XSC is different again and is a stand alone model, has the high beam, neutral and brake lining warning light in the rev-counter................ The SE/SF has the neutral light in the rev-counter.............Go to........http://www.biker.net/650parts_index.html ........look up the electrics on the different models and check out any differences in any relays if any

Back