Original wiring diagrams or pictures?

TAlber8

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have close ups of stock wiring harness in place? In trying to figure out the rats nest behind the headlight

Not sure if this is what your looking for.
I bought a headlight unit of Mikes, the one with a park light and where a bulb can be replaced and it had a rubber stopper on the rear, had to take that off to get the headlight unit to fit back in the bucket.

I have replaced a bunch of couplings and fitted a 78SE loom to my 80SG, ( yes its basically a direct swap on the Aussie point bikes), took ages to get the wiring to a point where the headlight unit went back on

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF7015.JPG
    Copy of DSCF7015.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 487
Multiple wire connectors obviously, just check that the wire color corresponds on the male and female connector.

Mostly the colors connect to each other. The left/right indicator wires can be confused. on my bike the wire coming out of the indicator shaft in the headlight bucket is black. Right side connects to the Dg, (Dark green) female wire/connector. Left side connects to the Ch, (Chocolate), female wire/connector.

Dark green and Chocolate wires can be mistaken for black if the wires in the headlight bucket are dirty.

Yellow, (Y), and Blue, (L) and Black, (B), will feed into a multiple connector,

Need to know the year of your bike. ...........If you are mismatched on years the connectors will be different, going from a 4 pin to a 6 or 3 to a 4. The looms changed over the years, a lot of extra wires got added

Trying to... For I stane this red/yellow junction, should that have a blue attached per that diagram?.
image_3.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Blues should all be together...per that diagram, they come from the headlight switch and light up the gauges.

A good way to map out all those wires is to identify each color....Each wire is traceable to its source and to it's destination...Just take one wire at a time. When you know where its coming from and where it's going...you'll have an idea on which one's to connect to which.

I printed color diagram above which greatly helped (compared to B/W on phone!)

I took my time and followed each groups of wires to their switch and went one by one in good light.

I think I'm almost there except for that same red/yellow from the pic above. I'm not sure what connects to it, and I seem to have all my male connectors accounted for. Is it possible this is left open?

I had previously blown the fuse so testing is hard, just got a new blade style to wire in

That red yellow is drawing the power from the ignition switch feeding the headlight on/off switch.

If you are asking, if there should be another wire going into/out of, that 3 way bullet connector, then no i don't think so going by the diagram, sometimes they are like this.

Maybe someone else could clarify/confirm

Back