Ozarks Rally Spring 2021

Thanks for the ride and updates on the Ozark rally. At least you had good weather for the rally........:thumbsup:

GLJ.......you know i stopped using motel kettles when i was told, some patrons wash their smalls in the jug.........Now i cant use the microwave......:(

430 smiles to home and the morning sun is shining!
20210510_071622.jpg
They did a poor job at that 3 hour bike wash yesterday.

Just got back. Looks like 1785 smiles. That plus the 200 plus for the Slimy Crud run over 2000 in 10 days.
Had a great time in the Ozarks. Definitely well worth going to. Great roads plus a great bunch of guys. On my calendar for next year.
upload_2021-5-10_15-54-29.png

Going to save that tire for next year???
:geek:
Chaves called dibs when I'm done with it, I told him after next years rally. :laugh2:
@wrenchjohns
Put over 2,000 miles on WJL The speedometer I had installed had a wiggle when I started out and was swinging wildly by the end of the ride. I had to recrimp one turn signal blinker female spade that wasn't gripping the male, a mirror stem nut needed to be tightened, and added about 2 quarts of oil in 2,000 miles, That's it, nothing else was touched or even adjusted! These darned, unreliable old bikes! Mostly one or two kicks to start it.

:geek:
Chaves called dibs when I'm done with it, I told him after next years rally. :laugh2:
@wrenchjohns
Put over 2,000 miles on WJL The speedometer I had installed had a wiggle when I started out and was swinging wildly by the end of the ride. I had to recrimp one turn signal blinker female spade that wasn't gripping the male, a mirror stem nut needed to be tightened, and added about 2 quarts of oil in 2,000 miles, That's it, nothing else was touched or even adjusted! These darned, unreliable old bikes! Mostly one or two kicks to start it.
The old girl ran very well. I can attest to that. Only reason I kept up was he had pity on me and let me keep up.

Sounds like a great weekend. Is this rally for the XS650 group or part of a larger get together?
It is a great weekend every year. I was coming from Georgia before I moved west. The Ozark Rally is an event for the Yamaha XS650 Society. You don’t have to have club ID to join us and you may ride a different bike though we all ride 650s except Steve on the KTM. Now, we have to find him an XS650.

With Greg and Gary reporting in, there were no motorcycle mishaps. Nobody getting hurt is the big win. John Chaves’ 650 broke down on the side of the road, but he fixed it before we got the trailer hooked up. Eight XS650s started and finished the ride every day. Great bikes, and great friends sums it up.

Last edited:
Jeremy's ride, quite a background story on this bike.
124638FF-1AAD-46EA-8F16-712B79E39499.jpeg Do tell? What do you know about it? Lots of interesting features on that bike. I can’t quite tell what’s hanging out in front of the engine, for one. And is that his horn up by the head light? And his air box is unique and…….

Lol
Mebby Jeremy will show up here to answer all your questions. :whistle:
Course if You showed up at the rally MM......

Last edited:
Back