Ozarks Rally

grizld1

Grumpy old man
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Heads up, y'all! On June 15 and 16 the Yamaha 650 Society is hosting its third annual Ozarks rally at the Ozark Folk Center, Mountain View, Arkansas. This is a riding rally, but those arriving with troubled machines will not be mocked and reviled XSively while assistance is attempted. Roads are beautiful and enjoyable, and only as challenging as you want to make them (no US129-style high traffic extreme technical crap to contend with). We won't twist your arm to join the club, but new members will get a free copy of my 26 page Society carburetor manual, covering OE and some aftermarket carbs in detail. For reservations at the Folk Center, call 870-269-3851, select "1," and refer to Group ID#26967251. (Caution: Attendees may experience hip dislocation due to extreme leg pulling.Those with thin skin conditions may experience abrasions due to twisted humor and presence of a frequently undiplomatic tech advisor.)

Bump to the top.
Hope to see others there.
Pics from the past.
650 Societies 2015 Ozark Rally.jpg

DSCN6244.JPG

Last edited:
I’m allthe way in Washington state. Ide join just for the carb literature. Can i do that? Even though i wont be there but there in spirit?

OK, since Brother Gary has put me on the hook, I'll extend the new member rally bonus to you, Angus--but that's it, the rest of you guys will have to pay for the manual unless you show up and join! +1 on the tank graphics--very nice, rh!

was at 109 miles last night not quite on reserve.
I have a habit of just filling up every 100 mi. when I'm out like that. Good time to stretch and drink water. Never hit reserve that way, but can get at least 20 mi on reserve with Special petcock (have gone that far on reserve).

Rhkansas from what does that fairing come from???
Bought it brand new in March of 1982 - Vetter Quicksilver - just before the company folded. Back then, it was widely available with mounts for an assortment of mid sized bikes. I did cut the windshield down by 4 inches and blacked the lower portion of the clear to improve the overall proportions and lines of the fairing. You can still stumble across one from time to time on the internet - but the mounting hardware is next to impossible to find today.

Last edited:
OK, since Brother Gary has put me on the hook, I'll extend the new member rally bonus to you, Angus--but that's it, the rest of you guys will have to pay for the manual unless you show up and join! +1 on the tank graphics--very nice, rh!
Thanks, grizld1 - my son came up with that - I thought it was fantastic! By the way, I didn't get a carb manual when I joined - got a copy for me? Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Heads up, y'all! On June 15 and 16 the Yamaha 650 Society is hosting its third annual Ozarks rally at the Ozark Folk Center, Mountain View, Arkansas. This is a riding rally, but those arriving with troubled machines will not be mocked and reviled XSively while assistance is attempted. Roads are beautiful and enjoyable, and only as challenging as you want to make them (no US129-style high traffic extreme technical crap to contend with). We won't twist your arm to join the club, but new members will get a free copy of my 26 page Society carburetor manual, covering OE and some aftermarket carbs in detail. For reservations at the Folk Center, call 870-269-3851, select "1," and refer to Group ID#26967251. (Caution: Attendees may experience hip dislocation due to extreme leg pulling.Those with thin skin conditions may experience abrasions due to twisted humor and presence of a frequently undiplomatic tech advisor.)
Well, this year's Ozarks Rally is now history - had a fantastic time riding enand great conversation with other 650 addicts! Temps were a little warm, but the roads were great - and the company couldn't have been better. Props to GGGGary for riding all that way from Wisconsin - you, sir are the man! Grizld1 - enjoyed our conversations very much, and had a great time riding with you. Looking forward to next year. Here are a few photos:
DSCN2318 resized.jpg
DSCN2323 resized.jpg
DSCN2328 resized.jpg
DSCN2329 resized.jpg
DSCN2331 resized.jpg

Back