Paint ....

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I help out at a friend's shop..... early Xs restorations.....( when we have one ) .... one.. two days a week..... we do pretty much everything in house except bore jobs and chrome. My friend reports he's done with the tins .. ... the bike is all together on the lift... next week.... do final assembly and ride 50 miles..... address any post build gremlins.... Once it passes.... contact owner.... " send check ".... No other customer projects for the time being so I can try and work on my 82'.... 😎

Attachments

• Xs2 New paint.jpg
    Xs2 New paint.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 51
Today.. first post build " gremlin " discovery ride. Two... fuel leak right side between the tank and petcock. The neutral light stays on. Bike ran great.... charging system checks out. When the bike was dropped off last fall it passed the leak down test, compression test, charging test... even the " finger " starter worked. We never had one run so well.. no leaks.. ! Stripped to the frame... powder coat... chrome ..etc etc... candy paint done in house. Yes.... " wrong " rims but the client asked for them. The stgock rims just needed chrome but he wanted aluminum ....😎
Xs2 Done.jpg

Attachments

• Xs Done 1.jpg
    Xs Done 1.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Xs Done Mark.jpg
    Xs Done Mark.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 45
Today.. first post build " gremlin " discovery ride. Two... fuel leak right side between the tank and petcock. The neutral light stays on. Bike ran great.... charging system checks out. When the bike was dropped off last fall it passed the leak down test, compression test, charging test... even the " finger " starter worked. We never had one run so well.. no leaks.. ! Stripped to the frame... powder coat... chrome ..etc etc... candy paint done in house. Yes.... " wrong " rims but the client asked for them. The stgock rims just needed chrome but he wanted aluminum ....😎
View attachment 244402
Fine motorcycle.

View attachment 244402
1685904664845.png

Just wow!

View attachment 244402
Thats such a difficult candy for folks to duplicate due to the buildup process...seems like they're always too dark, too flat, etc...

This bike turned out amazing! I wish my XS-2 looked this good. 😍🥰

Back